You can see in the above picture that we had to resort to a gate at Sam's bedroom door! I knew the day would come when my AMAZING 13 hr a night sleeper days (+ 3 hr naps) would come to an end...and so they have! When we went to the toddler bed...we were doing really well at first but lately Sam has decided that he needs to get out of his bed 1000 times a night (plus naptime). So we were spending what seemed like 4 hrs of my day/night putting the child back in bed. Some nights, he was still up and about at 11:00! NOT COOL! I really don't care if he is up playing in his room, but when he gets out and wanders around...I'm not okay with that. So, I decided that we should get a gate to go at his door to at least keep him in his room. We got this one yesterday. It is pretty neat. It opens up and no one has to climb over (this would probably be a pretty funny...and dangerous sight to see me doing right now)! Well, last night was the first night...and it did NOT GO WELL! He thought that the gate was pretty cool until he was locked in on the other side! :) He stood there and screamed for I don't know how long. I felt so bad, but at the same time...had to stay strong. Trying to remember the days we let him cry it out in his crib in the early months. Eventually (after what seemed like 2 hrs) I went in there, walked him back to his bed and rubbed his back for a minute. Sure enough, he was out in about 5 seconds! Ugh!
I hate doing the gate thing, but I am hoping that it is only a temporary thing and we can take it down eventually. Got to get this sleep thing figured out before baby comes!
5 comments:
So sorry Kate! :( I am thankful in a way that Grace is such a bad climber, because she hasn't even tried to get out of her crib yet (KNOCK ON WOOD!!!) She might just be in there until she is 5!! :)
we did the gate thing with Gracie too. You do what you have to! It worked for her. At least if she decided to get up at night, etc. she could play safely or watch tv in her room. She didn't mind it, but I do remember her screaming "I want milk!" over the gate every morning when she got up! :)
This too shall pass! :) We have gone through that stage a couple of times, and it's rough! I am so sorry! I wish I had some advice, but I don't...we have tried everything and it all works...sometimes! ;) Love you!
we are still in the crib too... but we have those gates, one on the top of the stairs and one on the bottom and i love them...the only problem is that she has started opening and closing them...she acts like they are there for some other reason than HER!
miss you!!
I'm impressed it took him a couple months to figure out he can get out of the bed! She was out on night one, and out of a full size bed with no fear! PG has never fallen asleep at the gate in her room though. That is too funny. I'm sure it will get better!
Post a Comment