Yesterday marked 36 weeks...however I only have 3 weeks from tomorrow left since I am scheduled for March 25th! CANNOT believe that it is finally March and getting so close! Not sure that I am ready mentally to have 2 kids (most days the 1 I already have is enough to keep me on my toes)...but I am definitely ready physically! :) I have no belly pictures...just imagine me plus a giant beach ball in my belly...that pretty much sums it up!
Went to the doctor this morning to begin the every week appointment thing. Everything looked fine...blood pressure was perfect (even though I asked like 12 times about my swollen hands/fingers - thank you carpal tunnel)...weight gain right on track (ugh...despise getting on the scale at this point...so I try not to look...never seen those numbers before). Doctor checked and nothing is happening so far. He actually said he doesn't really feel the need to check me from here on out unless I am just curious or having issues. This planned c-section stuff is kind of nice in that regard! At first I would say that I probably won't do anything just like Sam (no dilating...nothing) but I will bite my tongue now since NOTHING about this pregnancy has been like Sam...so I won't jinx myself. Hopefully I won't go any sooner...because I have no idea what it would be like since I never went into labor with Sam. All of my mommy friends assure me that when you do...you KNOW!
Other than all of that, just waiting and getting everything ready for Jack's arrival. I have not had the energy to get all of the things done that I need to get done. With Sam I think I was ready a couple months before he came...oh no...not this time! But that's alright...it will get done and I am actually getting motivated to get stuff done at this point...so watch out! :)
Now to the important stuff: I am contemplating spending the money on getting a pregnancy massage this weekend or not???? Ben told me I should...so I probably will (he usually doesn't offer up such info)...definitely could use one. I just hope they have a massage table with a giant hole in the middle...what I would give to lay on my belly!!! :) Also need to get a pedicure...an absolute MUST, right? Hahaha! Anyone want to join me?
I'm still working on Jack's room, but wanted to share a picture of the new dresser/changing table we ordered. It came in this past weekend and I really like it. I have a hutch ordered to go on top but it is on backorder so hopefully it will arrive before Jack does. At least I have the dresser so I can load it up with itty bitty baby things! :) I'll have to put a picture of the crib up since I finally got the bedding on it. We tested it out last week with baby Philip (my friend, Leanne's newest addition). He seemed to like it so hopefully Jack will too!

4 comments:
Ok, first thing... where did you get that changing table? love it and we still don't have one for Hope's room. Second, pregnancy massage... nice, but a little awkward. I had never had a massage before, so maybe that was why. She actually just laid me on one side and then the other, no belly cut out for mine. Hey, good luck these last few weeks! BTW, looks like I'll be staying home next year with the two little ones, so we'll definitely have to get our little boys and girls together! :)
You've almost made it!! Two different people gave me pregnancy massages, and they were nice. I laid on each side and on my back some when I could stand it. Both times, however, it made me start contracting later that night-- just a warning in case your body responds the same way. Good luck getting all the last minute things done!
I had a pregnancy massage during both pregnancies...with Paula it was really early so I really didn't need the belly pillow thing, but I had one at 34 weeks this time and had the belly pillow thing and it was awesome. I didn't lay on either side, just on my stomach and it was wonderful. Just ask if the salon has them. I definitely recommend it. And I got a pedicure that same trip too...so awesome when you can't reach your toes! Enjoy!
I would definitely recommend a massage! I had one early on because of a pinched nerve and it worked wonders. I just laid on both of my sides but I would have given anything to by on my stomach.
Post a Comment