Monday, November 16, 2009

Long Weekend...

Sam and I just got back from a long, but fun weekend in Dickson/Nashville! Mom has dial up, so needless to say, I only got online once (sorry mom...but you really need CABLE INTERNET)! Align CenterHeehee! :)
Ben had a business trip to Boston and had to stay through the weekend, so Sam and I decided we'd take a road trip to mom's house (we don't like to be home without him). My friend that lives here in GA, Leanne, her parents live in Nashville, so we actually loaded our boys up and drove up there together. It was SOOOOO nice having someone to ride with. I think Jackson and Sam had fun too. They were so cute. They left Jackson's car seat in my car and Sam talked about "Ason seat" (aka...Jackson's seat) the whole time. On Friday night, Leanne and I went to Christmas Village! SOOOO FUN! I have never been...not sure how I had never made it to such a fun event, but I was happy to be a part of it! Surprisingly, we only bought like 2 little things each.
Mom and I loaded up on Saturday to head to Green Hills. Ben says that we are "ritualistic" and have to do the same thing every time. It's true though. We go to Green Hills mall and make all the old stops. So fun! We met up with my girlfriends from college, Chris Anne, Rebecca and Lindsay for lunch. It was SOOOOO good to see those beautiful girls! I miss them so much!

We spent Saturday night with my sister and family. Our Uncle Henry (my dad's sister's husband) passed away on Friday and they came in for the funeral. He had been sick for so long, but it is just never easy to see them go. We did get to see a lot of family that we haven't seen in a very long time, but just never fun under those circumstances. Our prayers are with my Aunt Sue and cousin Stephanie! We love you guys!

We made the trip to Erin, TN to the funeral on Sunday. Note to self: "never again bring a 2 year old to a funeral". OHHHHHH...and another Note to self: "immediately throw away those heels that you wore"...my feet are still hurting! Why do I do such things?
It was really nice to see family and spend time with Sara, Chance and the girls. The girls did great entertaining Sam. They love him so much...and he loves them. We even put up mom's Christmas tree last night since we wouldn't be there anytime before Christmas. Mom was a little skeptical about putting it up so early, but I think she was happy for the help. We always do this at Thanksgiving, but we'll all be in different places this year.

We came back today...but before I picked up Leanne and Jackson, I was able to make a stop at my friend, Rebecca's (aka Mitchell...that's what we call her) house. She just had her 3rd baby last month. She has twin 3 yr old girls and just welcomed little Camdyn into the world. He is just precious. I was excited to get to hold him. I knew his mommy was happy that he was sleeping, but glad she let me take a turn holding him. I love me some babies! :) Mitchell looked gorgeous as always and glad that they are doing well! Miss you Mitchell...your baby is so sweet!

I have no pictures...because I am just too tired and must go to bed (yes it's 9:30, but I am EXHAUSTED)...will try to post some tomorrow. Ben had a good trip to Boston (I think I need to tag along one of these days) and made it home safely, so we are all very happy to be at home safe together!

No comments: