Well...it's true...my worst nightmare has come true! Ben just put Sam down for bed...and AS I AM TYPING THIS...the crib bandit has struck again...he's climbed out of his bed and is on the run! Ugh! I seriously might cry!
So, back to the beginning of this story. Yesterday, we laid Sam down for his nap. He was just up there talking and talking like normal. I was downstairs lying on the couch (also napping actually) and Ben was in the basement with the monitor. Well, I heard a little voice saying "Hi Mommy" over and over and then I heard the gate at the top of the steps and I went running up there. Ben didn't hear anything on the monitor until I went up there (he says that Sam works in "ninja mode"). He hasn't tried getting out of there in months. The first time he fell and hurt himself and (we thought) learned his lesson. Apparently not! We are thinking that he has figured it out to where he gets himself over the top of the crib and gets into the chair (because he is quite stealth and silent about it)...we've never heard him get out. Today at nap time, the same thing happened...he was out!
Okay, so I am just now back...Ben and I have spent the last 45 minutes taking turns putting Sam back in his bed and then watching the video monitor to see what he was doing. It happened 4 or 5 times. So, there is no chair, he just climbs right over the top and goes to the door to shut it. Then climbs in his chair and messes with his cd player that sits on the table next to the chair. OH MY GOODNESS! We think that he is finally asleep now, but who knows what the night will bring. However, we have been cracking up by it though b/c the way he does it is so funny. He really thinks he is sneaking around up there but we can hear (and see) everything he's doing. Ben thinks it is hilarious, but I am already thinking about NAP TIME...ahhhhh! He has always been such a great sleeper and I have feared the day that those AWESOME 3 hr naps would go away or those 12-13 hr nighttime sleeps would go away! AHHHHH!
I know everyone goes through this and that he will not do this forever, but oh dear. I knew the day would come just not so soon. Positive note: At least we are doing this now and not in March when we have a newborn and I am an insane, sleep-deprived mommy. So, as always the Lord knows what he is doing and it is always His time. He knows WAY better than me!
Leanne (and Jackson) watched Sam tonight so Ben and I could go out to dinner and run a few errands (thank you Benders...you all are awesome). We ended up at Toys-R-Us and Babies-R-Us (romantic date huh). Good thing we spent a lot of time in the furniture section and decided that this week we would need to go ahead and order the bed rails, etc since his crib is one of those convertible ones that will eventually be a double bed. Guess I will be going back tomorrow to get those now! :)
I am sure there will be more stories about the bedtime crib bandit in our house! Tomorrow I will be toddler-proofing our house even more than it already is...in case someone decides to start exploring in the middle of the night. Luckily, I am a VERY light sleeper these days. Hopefully, he will figure it out quickly and will be back on track very soon!
So, back to the beginning of this story. Yesterday, we laid Sam down for his nap. He was just up there talking and talking like normal. I was downstairs lying on the couch (also napping actually) and Ben was in the basement with the monitor. Well, I heard a little voice saying "Hi Mommy" over and over and then I heard the gate at the top of the steps and I went running up there. Ben didn't hear anything on the monitor until I went up there (he says that Sam works in "ninja mode"). He hasn't tried getting out of there in months. The first time he fell and hurt himself and (we thought) learned his lesson. Apparently not! We are thinking that he has figured it out to where he gets himself over the top of the crib and gets into the chair (because he is quite stealth and silent about it)...we've never heard him get out. Today at nap time, the same thing happened...he was out!
Okay, so I am just now back...Ben and I have spent the last 45 minutes taking turns putting Sam back in his bed and then watching the video monitor to see what he was doing. It happened 4 or 5 times. So, there is no chair, he just climbs right over the top and goes to the door to shut it. Then climbs in his chair and messes with his cd player that sits on the table next to the chair. OH MY GOODNESS! We think that he is finally asleep now, but who knows what the night will bring. However, we have been cracking up by it though b/c the way he does it is so funny. He really thinks he is sneaking around up there but we can hear (and see) everything he's doing. Ben thinks it is hilarious, but I am already thinking about NAP TIME...ahhhhh! He has always been such a great sleeper and I have feared the day that those AWESOME 3 hr naps would go away or those 12-13 hr nighttime sleeps would go away! AHHHHH!
I know everyone goes through this and that he will not do this forever, but oh dear. I knew the day would come just not so soon. Positive note: At least we are doing this now and not in March when we have a newborn and I am an insane, sleep-deprived mommy. So, as always the Lord knows what he is doing and it is always His time. He knows WAY better than me!
Leanne (and Jackson) watched Sam tonight so Ben and I could go out to dinner and run a few errands (thank you Benders...you all are awesome). We ended up at Toys-R-Us and Babies-R-Us (romantic date huh). Good thing we spent a lot of time in the furniture section and decided that this week we would need to go ahead and order the bed rails, etc since his crib is one of those convertible ones that will eventually be a double bed. Guess I will be going back tomorrow to get those now! :)
I am sure there will be more stories about the bedtime crib bandit in our house! Tomorrow I will be toddler-proofing our house even more than it already is...in case someone decides to start exploring in the middle of the night. Luckily, I am a VERY light sleeper these days. Hopefully, he will figure it out quickly and will be back on track very soon!
After Sam DIDN'T take his nap today, he helped me rake leaves...by the way...raking leaves is NOT FUN! We have always lived in houses in new neighborhoods with no trees (other than the obligatory 3 bradford pears they plant) and always wanted a mature neighborhood with big trees. Well, now we have it and while we LOVE our trees, it make for LOTS of raking in the fall!My friend, Cristie from college and her little girl, Lola were in town this week visiting her parents. They came by this morning to play. It was so fun seeing the kids play together. Sam kept calling Lola, "Rolo". It was so funny. He continued to talk about Rolo ALL day today! So cute. Lola is SUCH a doll...so adorable! It was quite fun catching up with her mommy too. Thanks for stopping in, Cristie...or CAC as we used to call you! MISS YOU LOTS!
This is random and off the subject! I just thought you all should know that I am in PEPPERMINT HEAVEN today! Sam and I went to Super Target earlier today. I found some more of my beloved Peppermint Mocha creamer (Target hasn't had it lately) and THEN my favorite, the candy cane Hershey Kisses! I LOVE these little candies...YUM! GO GET SOME! :)

2 comments:
OH Kate, I dread the day! Can't wait to hear more about the bandit! :) And haven't seen those peppermint hershey's before! YUM!
I highly suggest a gate at his door...it saved us after a week without it. I didn't worry about her roaming the house, but it is definitely a deterrent to get out of bed. Now if she gets out she has no where to go! Hope the transition goes well!
Post a Comment