I forget how much I loved living in Nashville until I go back there! Such a great city! Small town feel, but big city too! Of course it houses my beloved Lipscomb too, so that is another reason I love it. I always have to drive to loop around campus and reminisce about the good old times...lunch at the Meat Market (Copper Kettle now), not going to class and sitting in the square, charging lunches up on Elizabeth's meal plan (anyone else do that), Elam, parking tickets (mom reminded me that I got a lot of those this weekend), Pi Delta and thinking it was the most important thing ever (so silly), Boglerados (not sure how I remembered that), knee injuries on the soccer field (and lots of time spent in the training room), OH MY there are just so many...and most important, the greatest friends ever! Seems like so long ago we all lived on the 2nd floor back hall in Elam! Then we all moved out into apartments...Brentwood High(aka LOW)lands , Burton Hills, and every Lipscomb student should have to have lived in Royal Arms at some point...it's like a rite of passage!
Okay, enough with the memories (not sure where all of those came from)...moving on! Maybe we'll be back there someday...who knows.
Mom, Sam and I drove up on Saturday to meet my girls for lunch. We tried a new place out near Hundred Oaks called the "Pfunky Griddle". Such a cute little place. They serve many things, but the main attraction is the pancakes. You can make them at your table and they have tons of toppings for them. Pancakes were okay...not the best, but I think this is a good place to go to just for the "experience". It's hard work...mom was in charge of the pancakes and it was stressful. :) But definitely a place you should try if you are in town. Lindsay and Rebecca had sandwiches and said they were fantastic, so they have other stuff too.
The boys (Sam and Andrew) had pretty much had it by the end of lunch, so mom took them to the little courtyard off the back patio to play with the rocks. What more could 2 little boys want?
Concentrating really hard on the fountain.
Me and my girls (Chris, Lindsay, Rebecca and me)...we missed those of you who couldn't make it. Next trip!
Playing with the train table at Davis Kidd. I think I know a little boy who needs a train table for Christmas. He loves them.
We spent Saturday night playing with Sara and family. Sara was asking Sam where baby Jack was and he started pointing to his belly, so Sara decided to give him a belly of his own with a ball. He thought it was hilarious.
Aunt Say Say is so funny.
Posing with the girls...minus Kennedy. He loves those girls. They kept him occupied the whole time. Thanks girls! :)
Playing with Mops...and one of her hats. It actually fits his gigantic head!
Emma occupied Sam the entire time at Cracker Barrell. BLESS HER! I was actually able to eat my food (while it was still hot) and drink my coffee (while it was still hot).
Rocking with Say Say!
We don't have this color rocking chairs at our Cracker Barrells in GA! GO VOLS!
It is nice now that the girls are getting older...they LOVE helping put up the Christmas decorations. The grown ups only really have to do the tall ones. NICE! Yes, we are a bit early, but we almost always help mom put her tree up, so since we were all there (minus Duff's family)...why not! Here's Grace posing with her ornaments.
Emma...so cute!
Little Miss Kennedy! Love her.
Even Sam got in on the action. His ornaments were just laid in the branches. You could definitely tell where he had been. I'm sure mom will have to go back and rearrange all of our ornaments, but that's okay. They had fun.Looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas...my favorites! Heading to East TN for Thanksgiving and I'm sure we'll be both places sometime over Christmas!
5 comments:
Glad you had such a fun weekend! Can not believe we were there just a week apart!!!! SOMETIME we will get to see each other again!!! And don't you just LOVE the new Michael Buble cd? I LOVE IT!!
and nashville misses you as well. loved seeing you. hope to see you again soon!
i miss living in nashville too... justin and i are always thinking of how we can get back there one day. :)
and nashville misses its kate, too!! so glad you came. we had a great time. i so wish we lived close and our boys could be best buddies. enjoyed the little trip down memory lane at the first of your post. good times!
We had so much fun with you all too! Say Say loves her Sam :) See you soon...love!!
Post a Comment