
Sam started to preschool today! He will go two days a week this year...then move up to more days next year. I have been kind of worried about it. Not about how he would do once he got there...but how in the world will he get out of the car. They come out to get all of the kids out of the car. This concept is GENIUS (especially when you have another baby in car), but I have had this picture in my mind of the poor teachers having to pry Sam out of the car. Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought, but he definitely did not want to get out of the car. The teacher that came to get him just reached in there, picked him up and went on inside. I didn't even have time to think or get upset about it which was wonderful. I teared up a bit when I was pulling out of the parking lot, but I was okay by the time I reached Starbucks (HA)! :) I wanted to call all morning just to see how he was doing, but I didn't. I knew they would call me if they needed to, so no news was good news. Jack and I had breakfast with my friend, Katey. She had hers in preschool too so it was really nice to just visit without the big kids. Then we hit up the mall for a quick power shop! There are some really good Labor Day sales going on right now!
I was really excited to pick Sam up and see how his day was. When they walked him outside and he saw me...he LOST IT. Boohoooing! So sad. She said he had a great day, but the last 10 minutes he was upset. Maybe he could sense something was happening with kids leaving, etc. Hopefully he'll do better next week. It was so fun to listen to him telling me everything they did today and trying to make sense of it all. So far I got..."sat on carpet", "painted blue on my fingers", "go down slide with my friends", "frog in the mailbox" (there is a mailbox next to the teachers chair in the classroom, so I'm guessing he was playing with it or they told a story with it or something). All in all...very successful first day of preschool! My boy is growing up! I know it will be so good for him.
Showing me his "blue" fingers before getting out of the car. So proud!
Trying to pose for a picture (we took pictures after school rather than before today). I was asking him to smile, but he kept showing me his fingers. This is Sam's favorite shirt lately. He always asks to put it on...how funny is that?
This is why the fingers are blue. I can't imagine them getting him to actually paint his fingers...much less put them on paper. I have always wanted to paint his hands and do the handprint thing, but never wanted to pick that battle. He can't stand stuff on his hands. Looks like they did a great job though. Thought this was cute. I guess this is our first of a million handmade papers!
No comments:
Post a Comment