Monday, September 27, 2010

Women of Faith 2010!

I went to my first Women of Faith conference last year and definitely wanted to go again this year. What an awesome day! I was only ablet to go Friday night and Saturday...so I missed a little during the day Friday, but what I saw/heard was amazing! Friday night we saw Anita Renfroe (Christian comic...HILARIOUS...I haven't laughed that hard in a long time)...and THEN we got to see Steven Curtis Chapman. His 2 boys played in the band with him and his wife, MaryBeth spoke too. She is wonderful. She has a new book that I got, "Choosing to SEE"...it tells about their story of losing their little girl and how their family has dealt with such a tragedy. What an AMAZING family!
Saturday there was of speakers...and Sandi Patty. I remember her from back in the day...but what a singer. She is incredible! OH and also, Mandisa did her thing! WHOA...she is ridiculous! That woman has more energy than anyone I've ever seen! What a voice!
What an awesome way to spend a Saturday. I'm so thankful for Ben for encouraging me to go and offering to keep the boys as always.
Here's a few pictures that I took (terrible quality) and some video!

Ohhhh...Steven..you are so wonderful!
Ohhh...and Mandisa! AMAZING!



Here's just a sample of one of my favorite Mandisa songs! LOVE IT!

Here's a picture of most of the ladies from church that went. So fun!
And Anita Renfroe...she is absolutely was of the funniest people ever! SOOO funny. We were cackling she was so funny and I was crying from laughing so hard. Here are 2 clips of a couple songs she did. I found them on You Tube. There were several to choose from, but these 2 were my favorite. ENJOY! It might not be as funny if you weren't there (in a crowd of, I think, 8000-9000 WOMEN), but hopefully you'll enjoy. It's especially funny if you're a mommy!


OHHHHH...this song. Hilarious...especially for those of us with little kids and the reality of life with kids...it just isn't as glamorous as we may have thought before we had them. We love them, but it's crazy! It makes me laugh b/c date nights are SUCH a rare treat for us! It's so true!



And this one...my kids aren't even grown and I can already hear myself saying lots of these things! Sooo funny!
Well, that's all I've got from the weekend. I'm in the process of getting all of my fall stuff out. I am SOOOO OVER the summer. It's my least favorite season. I detest being hot...and I'm ready for fall...and cooler weather! Also looking forward to an upcoming trip to the beach with Mops, NaNa and YaYa! SOOOO EXCITED!

1 comment:

Jillina said...

Wow how much things have changed since last year! Weren't you still newly pregnant with Jack last year? I wish I could have been there this year and met up with you again! Soo fun!!