Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lifeway...

A person (meaning me) cannot just make a trip to Lifeway Christian bookstore without coming home with a bag full of fun things. I did go there for one sole purpose...I needed to get a workbook for the Beth Moore "Breaking Free" Bible study that we are doing at church (LOVE Beth Moore). They were out of books at church so I stopped by Lifeway today to pick one up.
Well, I did happen to add a few more things to my stack as I always do...I know, no self-control. BUT...I had to share one of them with you all b/c I love it so. I bought a new cd. It is a Christian group, Selah. If you do not know about them...well...you need to know about them. They are great. I remember one of my WOW cds years ago had a version of Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up" on it and I loved it. My brother sang that song at our wedding and I love it so much.
Anyway, this is their newest cd and it is really good. Nothing fancy, just some really sweet hymns and actually a bonus track written by one of the singer's wife. It is called "I Will Carry You"...it was written about losing their baby girl after only 2 hours of life...so sad but what an awesome message. Get your tissues ready for that one b/c you will cry your eyes out.
Another song that I love on there is "Into My Heart". This was probably one of the main reasons I bought this cd b/c this is one of the songs I always used to sing to Sam when he was a baby (sniff sniff). It also brings me WAY BACK to Sunday school when we lived in Connecticut (we lived there for a long time...for me, ages 3-12, I think). Anyway, we went to a really small church (small meaning like 6 families...which eventually grew to lots), but during Sunday School, our teacher, Mrs. Moshier had this giant heart-shaped cut-out poster board and the words to that song were on there and we would sing it. I know that sounds like such a random memory, but it was such a fun time in our lives...and I KNOW my sister will appreciate reading this and remembering those days! Oh...and this is for my sister too...they have a rendition of "Standing on the Promises" on there too! :) Ha! Remember when we used to play "church" on the steps of that condo...and actually serve communion and sings hymns. TOO FUNNY! Hadn't thought about that in forever, but it just came to me! Good times!
Sorry to go on and on, but so many of the songs on this cd mean something to me, so I had to share.
Ohhh...also, in my stack of treasures today was a copy of "the Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. I have been wanting to read this for like 5 years now but just never got around to it. They had it on sale for $5...awesome! I do love a good sale! I've heard it is an awesome book and looking forward to Ben and I reading it.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far...and staying warm. I know a lot of you are snowed/iced in...I actually just ran outside for a second and felt a few flurries...nothing major, but excited to see it even if it was only for a few minutes.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I'm going to have to get the new Selah cd. I have kept up with their story some on their blog and it's so inspirational.