Friday, January 01, 2010

Santa Claus Came to town!

Sam's Christmas bundle...yes...Santa decided to wrap everything...but ran out of time for the bows...what does a 2 year old little boy care about bows anyway.

We had such a great...and relaxing Christmas morning this year! It was so nice. Sam slept until like 9am (I know I shouldn't even type that b/c I might jinx myself), so we got up and took our time fixing breakfast, opening presents, etc. We video chatted with NaNa and YaYa the whole time we opened presents, so it was like they were right there...so fun! Sam was excited about all of his presents and really had fun opening them. Ben spent most of the morning opening plastic packages, inserting batteries and reading the instructions on all the toys...daddys are so good! Santa was very good to us all. Ben and I didn't exchange gifts...just some small things for each other's stockings. We were talking one night about what each other wanted and I told him what I wanted more than any "thing" was just to get away for a night/weekend/whatever with just the two of us before the baby is born and life completely changes once again. So, we decided to try to do that rather than buy a bunch of stuff we don't need. These days, quality time is so much more valuable to me!
We got an invite from some friends at church to come to their house for dinner that night. I had planned a big ham meal to fix at our house, but was kind of excited not to cook again...it had pretty much been cook-fest (and dish-washing fest) all week! Christmas Eve we ran 4 loads of dishes...SERIOUSLY! We were really excited to spend time with good friends on such a wonderful holiday. There were 5 couples there I think (those of us who were in town by ourselves this year). We had a glorious feast (thanks Ashley...and Leanne...and Lindsay...and Misty)! The kids played (well...it took mine about 2 hours to finally warm up and play with the other children, but once the basketballs came out...he was ready to play) ...and the adults even played a game of Outburst. It was so nice...so thankful for our church friends! They are AMAZING!
That pretty much sums up our Christmas Day in a nutshell! I hope everyone else had a wonderful and safe Christmas filled with lots of food, family and fun!
WOW! PRESENTS! He was so excited...but had to get in some play time with the airplane first!
Talking with NaNa and YaYa on the video chat thing! So cute...he get so close to the laptop...it's hilarious watching him talk to them!
Multi-tasker...talking on daddy's phone while opening presents!
Stocking done...CHECK...now on to the rest of the presents!
Santa brought him a Home Depot talking tool belt...it is hilarious. It barely fits his little waist, but it's so cute.
Trying to put on his tool belt...and be like YaYa!
Don't forget your safety goggles and hard hat!
Got a bowling set too...however, the first thing he did was chuck the bowling ball across the room. It is quite heavy too....needless to say, the bowling set has no ball...it got put up high somewhere. Maybe when he's a bit older we'll play with that one.
One of the BIG hits of Christmas toys...the Mickey Mouse ChooChooo! He loves that thing and plays with it constantly!
Who needs fancy plastic toys...he could have played with that $1 slinky for hours!
Pre-breakfast munchies...sausage balls and cinnamon pull apart bread...YUM! I had a breakfast casserole in the fridge ready to be cooked, but we stuffed ourselves so much on this stuff that we didn't fix it and couldn't bare eat another bite of anything! We fixed it Saturday morning instead. Again, I cooked way too much food, but wanted it to feel like a special occasion...know what I mean?
ChooChoooo!
It comes with these tracks...so cute. Doesn't work on the carpet though...must put it on the hardwood or tile. NOw that he knows that...it has choo-chooed all over this house!
He was so much more into presents this year. It was so fun! The years are just going to be getting better and better with these kiddos! It's weird that this was our last Christmas as a family of 3! Next year will be so crazy...and fun! I CAN'T WAIT!
I wanted him to have an easel/chalkboard thing, but couldn't find one I liked. They were all those kind of pricey, plastic ones...that take up a ton of space. Not knowing if Sam would even enjoy one, I spotted an ad for this guy at IKEA. It was only like $15 plus $5 for the paper roll. So cheap...and for that who cares if he doesn't play with it...or if it falls apart. He LOVES that thing. He loves to color on the paper and of course, get Ben and I to draw pictures (snowmen and slides) on it. It will most likely go in the playroom in the basement, but I think he's going to really enjoy it. SO FUN!
Mickey Choo-Choo! He even lays his own tracks like in the tv movie. So cute!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

No comments: