
We got this chalkboard easel for Sam for Christmas. He really likes coloring on it. I probably enjoy coloring on it a bit too much too! When I was a kid I would be content for HOURS with just a new pack of colored pencils and a blank notebook. I was a major doodler...still am! Just thought I'd share his latest masterpiece. Not sure exactly what these are supposed to be, but I did hear him say "circle" at one point...and "slide". He always wants Ben and I to draw slides on there for him...so funny. We also do a lot of mommy holding the crayons while Sam takes them one-by-one and drops them into the crayon tray there...and repeat. He has learned all of the colors and can pick them out now. You can always see those wheels turning in his head and sometimes I am so curious about what he is thinking. He was so proud of his artwork and wanted to pose by it!
Admiring the masterpiece. :)
Another of Sam's favorite past times...playing with his "Cars" matchbox cars. He got Lightning and Mater in his stocking...but yesterday I caved in a got "Doc" and "The King" too while we were at Wal-Mart. He just loves them so much...I wanted him to have more. I'm so bad...I know. Even his daddy agreed that he "needed" more. He carries these guys around 24/7. So funny.
On another subject...Ben and I made a page-long list of things to do before baby Jack comes. We are slowly crossing things off. We got a c-section date (MARCH 25th) so I feel a bit better knowing how much time I have. I realize that the baby could come whenever, but I only have Sam to compare him to, so I am thinking/hoping it will go the same way. Sam arrived only like 4 days before his due date...no dilation, no nothing, he might have stayed there forever. So assuming this one is the same way...we have plenty of time to get all of our little chores done...HOPEFULLY! I hope I didn't just jinx myself. Anyway, on our list is getting his room ready. In order to do so, we are moving the guest room into the current study/office and Jack will have the old guest room. Sam's room will stay put. We (meaning Ben) moved all of the guest room furniture into the study, so Jack's room is totally empty...that is until we emptied out the contents of the closet into his room. We had about 10-12 storage bins of baby clothes/my clothes/random stuff/etc, so one of my jobs is to go through those. I feel much better about the baby clothes that I have now. I was worried since the seasons were off (Sam being born in August), but I had much more than I thought...
tons of short-sleeved onesies, pajamas, hats (even though Sam's head was always too big to wear any), socks, even some actual cute little outfits. So that was very exciting. It was really fun to go through all of Sam's clothes and remember those days! Really sweet memories those were!
Here are the beginnings of my 3 months, 6 months and 9 month stacks! So fun to remember my little Sam being small enough to wear them. Sniff...sniff!
Speaking of hats that don't fit...I thought I'd snap a picture of this. The other day we were running errands in the freezing cold (yes even for GA...it was freezing), so I put this hat from last year on Sam. You can barely see his face in there. It was a bit small, but it worked for what we needed. He loved wearing it too. So funny! By the way, LOVE this jacket. Found it at TJ Maxx for like $19! LOVE TJ Maxx!
Here's the new guest room...we were using this as a study of sorts (at least that is where the desk sat). It was red when we moved in, so I didn't re-paint it...I couldn't gear up to paint a million coats over that red. It will probably stay red for a while. Now I think it looks kind of nice with the brown bedding. I love the color-combo of red/brown. I need to change out the drapes (they do not match with that room anymore) in there and still have some minor adjustments, but it's pretty much ready...so COME ON DOWN and visit us! :) Still haven't decided on what to paint Jack's room. I am torn between green and brown. I know I paint everything brown, but it would look really good in there. I will probably go with the green but just need to find the right shade. That bedding had some different greens than I had hoped, so I am trying to come up with one that would match. I am NEVER this indecisive.
2 comments:
I had a great time looking through old clothes too...unfortunately couldn't use much though except yellow and green things, and even then they just don't look "boyish" enough for me:) I guess I'll reserve that stuff for days we don't leave the house so no one mistakes him for a girl:)
Sam looks EXACTLY like Ben in that picture where he is playing with cars. Cutie!
Post a Comment