Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

On Wednesday, NaNa and YaYa came into town to visit. Sam was SOOOOO excited to see them (as always). We had a pretty low key visit...just hung around the house most of the time. Ben and his dad did some projects around the house...and now thanks to YaYa...my shower door does not leak onto the floor anymore...YEAH! THANKS YAYA!
NaNa and YaYa bought Sam a train table for Christmas...and it has been a HUGE HIT! I think he played with that thing about 2 hours straight that first night. He loves it. Ben and YaYa took several hours Wednesday putting it together...it came in about 1 million pieces. It is awesome and I think I might love it as much as Sam...mainly b/c I know he will play with it so much. It is currently in the family room taking up a lot of room, but I was totally prepared for that...and really don't care. We are getting ready to clutter it up with a swing, bouncy seat, etc...so why not...bring it on! :)
Anywho, NaNa and YaYa are TOO good to us!
New Years Eve was fun too. Ben got tickets for us and his dad through his company for the Chick-fil-a Bowl (unfortunately our VOLS lost). The tickets were in their executive suite...which was AWESOME! Seriously, my favorite way to EVER watch a football game!!!! Our suite had it's own private bathroom which was maybe my favorite part of the whole night! We rode the Marta down there and back. It turned out to be quite the experience...I would compare the crowds a little bit to the cramped Disney shuttle bus (minus the children) multiplied by 100...or better yet...Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras. It was crazy...and clearly, I think I am just getting older b/c a bunch of drunk college kids is just not cool anymore to me (not that it ever really was). UGH...GROSS! We were on the Marta when the clock struck midnight, so we missed watching the ball drop (which I always enjoy), but overall it was a good night. We had fun hanging out with YaYa...and nice to just get out and do something different! NaNa had a big date with Sam and they had a blast, so everyone had a great night! THANKS NaNa...and YaYa! We love you guys!

Daddy and YaYa putting the train table together...there were so many pieces! Sam is clearly helping! :)
AMAZING! There are even sound effects...which Sam really likes. Too cute!
The Vols running out of the tunnel! There was probably about 70% UT fans, so it was really loud. The game was a disapointment, but we still had fun!
They dropped a million of those little parachuting Chick-fil-a cows before the game. It was really cute!
Jumbo-tron
a rare picture of the two of us
Father and sonUT band...circle drill...I love when they do that.
During halftime, this guy circled the dome. We had a great view of the field!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Loved all of your Christmas pics!!!! Grace got a train, too! LOVES it!! Happy New Year, Katers!! LOVE YOU!