Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pillsbury Bake Off

I have begun my miniature version of the Pillsbury bake-off...first up...can you guess?

If you know me at all...you can guess what all of this peanut buttery/sugary yumminess is for! Last year I made delicious puppy chow/white trash/whatever you call it for all of the people at Ben's office. It was a HUGE hit...and just the other day, one of Ben's co-workers asked if they were getting more of that "white candy crack" (that is what they nicknamed it). I must oblige! :) Over the weekend, I went to JoAnns and bought almost all of their Christmas tins (at 60% off I must add)! It is so easy...that I must share with you all. Most of you probably already have some variation of this recipe, but here is the one we use. WARNING: If you are looking for a health-conscience treat...this is NOT the one for you!

1 stick butter
1 package Reese's peanut butter morsels
1 Cup peanut butter
1 box Crispix cereal
1 package powdered sugar

Directions: Melt butter, morsels and peanut butter in a saucepan...stirring constantly. Pour cereal into a large container (sometimes I double up Target/grocery bags - I find that it is easier to coat cereal this way). Add melted peanut butter mixture to cereal and stir so it completely coats cereal. Once completely coated, add powdered sugar and make sure to completely coat cereal.

Hope this makes sense...there isn't exactly a recipe...so I wing it. Some people use chocolate chips instead of the peanut butter morsels, but I like it ALL nice and peanut buttery!

Now I just need to make some more and divide them into all 15 tins...let me just say...that's A LOT of powdered sugar and peanut butter! I am currently wearing most of it! :)

Next up...cupcakes for Christmas playgroup tomorrow!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

you've just given me a great idea on what i can make for my co-workers!

Becky said...

That is my favorite!!! I always use semi-sweet morsels, so I'll have to try yours! "White candy crack" is so FUNNY! That is exactly what it is!!! :)