Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lost and Found

I'll give you 2 guesses as to what happens when you let your 2 year old wander off with the remainder of his supper...
Okay, so you probably only needed one guess. I was cleaning up toys tonight and this is what I found (in the pirate ship). Don't worry, this was from tonight, so it hadn't been sitting there for very long, but glad I found it. Ick!

We got out our "Elf on the Shelf" last week. We've tried to get Sam into it, but he's not really interested yet. I am thinking next year he will really enjoy it. I keep trying to get him to give him a name, but he hasn't yet. I did hear him calling him "Woody" today, so I'm not sure if it will stick or not. Here is where the elf is tonight. Sam likes to find him in the mornings.

We've had a pretty busy weekend. Saturday morning, my friend, Katey and I went on a shopping extravaganza...without the children...yeah! I had a few things left to get plus I needed to purchase the gifts for my little girl that we took off the "Giving Tree" at church. We are sponsoring a little 6 year old girl's Christmas...it was so VERY FUN to buy girly things! Katey and I had a GREAT time. It was amazing how many errands we could run when it was just the two of us. We rode down to IKEA...which is always fun. Katey had never been...I wanted to pick up a little easel/chalkboard thing for Sam there. Love that place! We also had a yummy lunch where we actually got to visit. Always a treat! Saturday night was our church Christmas party. The teens watched all the kids at the building and the adults went across the street to this really cool barn place. We had a great meal and it was so nice to be able to visit and get to know adults that we don't normally get to see. I feel like the only people we ever see are the other parents of little kids b/c of our classes/playgroups/etc. Anyway, it was a really great night...and pretty sure Sam had a great time too. One of the men that was there at the building told me that he'd never seen a 2 year old with an arm like his...(his daddy was so proud). Apparently, he was throwing balls across the room. He actually has ridiculously accurate aim...and power. Too funny.
We had a very relaxing day today and tonight, Ben and I decided against cleaning up around the house...and renting the new Harry Potter movie. You KNOW I have already seen it (b/c I am obsessed with Harry Potter books/movies), but Ben hadn't. So good! So nice to relax on the couch...Christmas tree/mantle lights on...and a good movie.
Hope you all had a great weekend too.

1 comment:

Angela said...

That is too funny! At least it was out in the open! I found a piece of chicken under the ottoman the other day. Luckily it was only a couple hours after dinner, but yes, this is a problem in our house. And PG refuses to sit in a booster or high chair, so she eats on her knees on a big chair at our table and she can get up and walk around.