Sunday, December 20, 2009

Gingerbread House!

A few weeks ago, I bought a gingerbread house to make with Sam. I really didn't know how well he would do...or if he would be remotely interested in doing it. Mom and I decided that tonight would be a good night for it. What a mess it was...but a FUN MESS! Normally, mom and I would have been much more particular about placement of candy, piping, etc, but we just went all out and let Sam do whatever he wanted. He had a blast. He loved putting his hands in the bowl with the candy and moving it all around. He actually was really good at sticking the candy on the house...and sat there the WHOLE time. I figured the typical 2 year old A.D.D. would kick in and he would either be over it...or he would get himself in trouble, but he didn't. He did GREAT! Our gingerbread house is a total mess...and we think it will most likely fall apart (the house builders [aka...me and mom] did not do such a great job and lining all the walls up, etc) overnight, but who cares. Here are some pictures of our LOVELY creation!
Had to snap a picture of mom and Sam this morning after church. Aren't the cute?
Coloring with daddy while Mops and I cooked brunch (we didn't have Sunday School today so we got out early). We had a BIG breakfast...YUM! He's been in his high chair forever, but we finally moved him over to the big people table. I really like him there...plus I REALLY like having his high chair out of my kitchen. :)
Looking at all the candies. He thought it was really fun throwing these on the floor...no wonder the peppermints were all broken.
Going over colors with Mops.
Very carefully placing the candies on the little tree...he is QUITE quiet when he is concentrating!
Tried to put the gumballs on the roof, but they were falling off, so we had to think of something else.
"ALL DONE"! - There was icing everywhere...what a mess that stuff was...and it was pretty much white concrete.
We may not win any gingerbread house competitions, but we could care less...and we had LOTS of fun!

1 comment:

NaNa said...

So Sweet !!! Kate, you look happy and beautiful. Sam is the sweetest thing on this page despite all those treats. The house looks great !