Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankful!

We have so much to be thankful for this year! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my sister's family and my mom (missed you Duff and Jenni)! We definitely missed the Hazlewoods too...but looking forward to spending lots of time with them at Christmas! The week was crazy and busy...and went by way to quickly! I think I cooked for 3 days straight and did about 15 loads of dishes in the dishwasher! :) Totally worth it though! The most important part wasn't all of that, but it WAS spending time playing games, watching movies, laughing, hugging, fellowshipping with family and focusing on what is most important in our lives!
Wanted to share some pictures from our fun day!
Emma, Chance, Sara, Mops and Kennedy filling their plates with yummy food!
Found these cute little placecards at Hobby Lobby. Emma kept asking me how she could help, so I gave her a job! Thought they were so cute! By the way, those that don't know...SaySay is what I called my sister when we were kids (now I just shorten it to "Say"). It has stuck...and now she is Aunt SaySay. I loved the curls Emma did on the ends of each letter! Love her!
A portion of the feast! YUM!
The kids table!
Sara and Chance!
Is it weird that I like to take pictures of my food? Ha! Not on Thanksgiving! Mom made her famous homemade "Judy Mitten rolls"! DELICIOUS!
Our sweet matriarch! That ugly (sorry mom...it is kind of ugly) white pitcher is the "gurgling cod". It is a family tradition to use it. When we lived in Connecticut...it was kind of the running joke at church get-togethers. When you pour out of it, it gurgles. Kind of funny if you are not expecting it. Anywho, mom's given that thing as gifts for years...and it always makes it to the table on special occassions. Just thought I'd share the background on the gurgling cod!
Mom and the guys...minus Duff!
Say and Kennedy
SaySay got lots of time to love on Jack!
Can't get enough of this little one.
Mops and Jack
Soooo sweet!
The guys always do the dishes...they are so good. Especially when half of the dishes have to be handwashed!
My 2nd attempt at cheesecake. This is Pioneer Woman's recipe for Pumpkin Caramel Gingersnap Cheesecake. YUM! It was really good. Of course...the fresh whipped cream and caramel topping definitely helped too.
This year we didn't brave the crowds in the wee hours of the morning on Black Friday. We waited until later and just took our time getting out to a few places. It was fun to get out just the girls! These cute little reindeer were all over the Avenues that we like to shop at. So fun to see everything getting decorated for Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want a copy of all of these pics! Thanks again for having us :) We had so much fun!! Love you!