While the boys were with NaNa and YaYa last week I thought we would take the time to complete a project I've been wanting to do for a long time now. This island came with the house. I loved the idea of an island. This isn't necessarily the one I would choose but it definitely serves its purpose. However (I feel like I always have a "however"), I am not a huge fan of the light wood and it REALLY needed to be refinished. So...originally I was intimidated to stain this thing b/c I just didn't know how it would turn out and a new island was not an option! :) I figured if I screwed it up too much, we could just strip it again and start over. So we took one of the bar stools to Lowes to match up the stain.
It took A LOT longer than we thought (doesn't everything) because of the humidity...took forever to dry. I was really happy with the finished product. I did find one spot that needs one more coat of poly, but that can wait until after the Holidays. Here are a few pictures. We are by far...fixer-uppers (mainly b/c I have the patience of a 2 yr old), but this was really fun to see our little project completed. It looks much better now...and actually makes it look more expensive and not so dinky. :) So thankful for my husband. He just goes along with all of these crazy ideas that I have and never asks questions. He's so good!
Before...
I don't think HGTV will be calling us for our own show anytime soon, but we sure did enjoy our little project! So fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment