Thursday, October 29, 2009

The things we do...

to make our children happy...even for a few minutes. It's funny, the things you always said you'd never do, that we find ourselves doing when we have kids. Never thought I would let a ball pit sit in my family room floor for like 4 months...or the Bob the Builder tent (that is still there)...or perhaps, like tonight, the plastic slide! I always said I wouldn't let kid-stuff take over my house...oh well! So much for that! :) Sam was a bit fretful tonight (more on that in a minute)...I was trying to grill some chicken and finish dinner and Ben was WD40-ing all the doors in our house. Next thing I know, Ben drags in this thing from the garage. We had talked about it going in the basement for the winter since Sam loves it so much, so I guess Ben decided to get an early start on it. Since, I have scrubbed that thing down, so it is okay to be inside now. The things we do to make our kiddos happy right? :)
Sam playing on the giant slide that overtook our family room for the evening. He was happy, so why not, you know? Hopefully, it will make it down to the basement tonight.

We've been doing this Beth Moore study (Daniel) at church and my mommy friends and I decided that we should just bring lunch afterwards and let the kids play for a while on the playground, so we did that today and had a GREAT time! Sam was acting really weird...didn't really eat anything (even for him), fussy, clingy, etc. I just thought he was tired, so after playing on the playground, we went home. When I got him out of the car at the house he felt warm. Took his temp and it was 102.0...which is pretty high for Sam. If he runs one, it's usually around 99/100-ish, so it was really weird! Gave him motrin and put him down for a nap. Then, I just stared at the video monitor for the next 1 1/2 hours. Anyway, long story short...fever went down very quickly and he was back to himself (for the most part) tonight. Hopefully that was it and it won't go back up. I do NOT enjoy fevers...or sick babies.
He had both flu shots on Tuesday so I'm wondering if this is just a side effect from that...hopefully!
By the way, if you've never done a Beth Moore study...you MUST! This is my first and unfortunately I've missed the last several weeks for various reasons, but it is so awesome. She is AMAZING...love her!
Here are several of the kids and mommies this afternoon on the playground. They found a worm and were fascinated by it. Sam wouldn't have anything to do with it, but these guys were amazed. So cute!

OHHHH...I must give a shot out to my amazing husband! He is very particular about his sleep! Before we were married, he had bought these awesome mattresses that are AMAZING! I mean, the guy is just serious about his sleep. Anywho, the other night...he swapped sides of the bed with me. Why...I have had this sciatic nerve thing with this pregnancy very early on. I had it with Sam, but not until the end. This one started right off the bat. Anyway, when I lie, stand, sit, etc on my right side my leg goes tingly...SO ANNOYING. It doesn't hurt, just annoying. So Ben switched sides so I can face the other way! I know that sounds silly to actually mention on my blog, but it was quite nice! The little things in life right! He is very good with the little things. I love that! :)

Sorry for the randomness tonight! I re-read this and thought..."how random"? :) Oh well - I'm pretty random anyway, so no surprises there!

1 comment:

Angie said...

That nerve thing during pregnancy was awful....it shouldn't be allowed for you to start this this early! Sorry, Kate! Our living room is also covered in toys...said I wouldn't do it, but I was just crazy thinking my life could maintain the same sense of order!!! :) Glad that sweet husband is taking care of you!