I have been wanting to take Sam to the pumpkin patch for several weeks now. We have been out of town so much that it's been hard to find the time. However, we went this morning (with one rule...we MUST get back by the UT/Bama kickoff) and had a great time! It was a long drive but definitely worth it. I think Ben was wondering why we drove that far just to buy some pumpkins, but this was the BEST place, Burts Farm! I have never seen so many pumpkins...it was great! Sam mainly just ran around and "patted" all the pumpkins. It was a bit muddy...and SOOOOOO crowded so we didn't stay too terribly long, but Sam ran around and we got some pumpkins. We passed on the hayride this year. I think Sam would have liked it, but there was such a long line that there was NO WAY that Sam would wait that long (I think he gets that from me...I am NOT very good at waiting - BIG SHOCKER to you all I know). I wish I could have bottled up the smells up there and upload them to my computer, but that's not exactly possible. I asked someone what we were smelling and the girl said that they were making pumpkin rolls! YUM! It smelled just like FALL...I loved it!
Anyway, it was a good morning with my sweet, little family! Definitely a good day! As my girlfriends from college and I used to say..."we are living right"! :)
On a totally different note...since today is a wonderful fall FOOTBALL day, I made Ben's favorite, Ballgame Dip! YUMMY! Thought I'd share the recipe...it's so easy that most of you all probably have it already (or some version of it), but just in case, I wanted to share. Let me know if you all have another version or add something to this one...I am always up for something new! So easy and great for big groups! ENJOY!
Ballgame Dip
1 lb sausage cooked (we use HOT sausage b/c we like it a bit SPICY!!)
1 can rotel (again, if you like it hot, use HOT rotel)
1 block velveeta cheese
Add rotel and velveeta (cut into cubes will make it easier to melt) to crock pot. Brown sausage and drain. Add sausage to crock pot (stirring occasionally). Cook on high...until all is melted and delicious! Serve with Tortilla chips! YUM!
GO VOLS...BEAT BAMA!
1 comment:
And I am in the blog CHECKING mood!! :) Look at all of those pumpkins!!!!!! Such good pictures and love his little sweater! I almost forgot you were pregnant again!!! Love the little family of pumpkins... precious!
Post a Comment