Friday, October 23, 2009

It's That Time of the Year...

Well...not for everyone, but in my world...it's TIME! What is it time for you ask? Oh yes...Christmas music! This is quite the controversial topic as so many people prefer not to begin their Christmas music listening until after Thanksgiving...NOT HERE...NOT ME! My thoughts on this are: the Holiday season is just too short no to enjoy it as long as possible. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas music...it just makes me so happy! I don't care if it isn't even Halloween yet...currently all 6 cds in 4Runner right now are all Christmas music...I even took out Veggie Tales (Sunday Morning Songs)...mean old mommy! :) Once the stores start putting Christmas music out...I have a MAJOR issue with buying Christmas cds...I don't know what my problem is or what comes over me...but I have to buy them. I have quite a few...seriously...I have issues! Here are a few of my favorites in case you are getting into the Holiday spririt a bit early this year! Warning...there are A LOT of them! :)
Who doesn't love Michael W. Smith! This one has several instrumental songs, but a great cd! LOVE him!
Josh Groban...LOVE HIM! Seriously, I could listen to him sing in Italian(or any language) to me all day long! My 2 favorite songs on here...one called "Thankful"...google or search this one on YouTube. Amazing song with a great message! My other favorite on here..."I'll Be Home For Christmas"...it has clips of military men/women sending messages home to their families...WHOA...it will make you cry, so be prepared! :) Everyone should own this cd!
Again, who doesn't love James Taylor. He does a duet with Natalie Cole on here..."Baby It's Cold Outside"...love that song! He's is amazing as always!
Il Divo...ohhhhhhh! So cute! Not sure if you all know of them, but you should. They are FABULOUS...and SOOOO CUTE! They sing lots of italian/spanish songs...and are a modern-day (and much more handsome) version of the 3 tenors (sorry)! Two songs I love on here..."O Holy Night"...amazing version of that song. Also, "When A Child is Born"...wonderful song...you must listen!
I don't listen to as much country as I used to these days...I mostly listen to Contemporary Christian music, but I've always loved Faith Hill. This is a great Christmas cd too! Definitely listen to "A Baby Changes Everything"...pretty sure it will make you cry!
I am a major sucker for some good old gospel music...and this cd has some great songs on it...plus Whitney is amazing as always! I LOVE LOVE the song "Who Would Imagine A King"! So sweet!
LOVE ME SOME BEBO NORMAN! Have loved listening to him since I first saw him at Windy Gap (Young LIfe camp) in high school! He is amazing...I am so happy that he has had so much success over the years! To think...he used to play Windy Gap with just his guitar...long hair...and a lot of swooning 17/18 years old girls! He's GREAT!

Harry Connick Jr could sing to me all day long! I just love his voice! I think this was new last year...GREAT!
Seriously...I LOVE Amy Grant! This cd is amazing. It has some new songs "I Need a Silent Night", but LOTS of oldies too..."Tennessee Christmas" (gotta LOVE that song, especially those of you Tennesseans - brings a whole new meaning when you live away from home), "Breath of Heaven" and "A Christmas to Remember"...I mean the list could go on! If you are an Amy Grant fan...you MUST own this one!

If you are even still reading this...thanks for humoring me with my Christmas music obsession! What are your favorites? Maybe I need some new ones...kidding...I don't need anything, but always fun to hear what my friends like!

6 comments:

chris anne said...

why am i not surprised?!? i'm glad to see that some things never change.

Jenna said...

Kate - you are going to get me in trouble with Danny. I think I may have to go buy some new cds for this year...thanks for the suggestions!!!!!!! :)

Becky said...

OOOOHHHHHH!!!!! I NEED ALL OF THOSE!! The only one of that bunch I have is the Faith Hill one. I have 2 of the Harry ones... is that one new? I'm so with you... I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!! I was just talking about it today in fact!! :)

awalton said...

no, i love christmas music too. i must say i don't get it out quite this early, so i guess i'm not a true fan... but i do have quite a collection and love your suggestions! Vince Gill's is another good one to have. :)

Leslie Ware said...

Girl, I have already started. MARIAH CAREY!!!! How is this not on your list? All I want for Christmas is you is the greatest Christmas song EVAH! I love Josh Groban too, and that I'll be home for Christmas always makes me cry. I can't listen to it while I am driving or I will wreck because I am crying too hard. I love Christmas music and I am so glad that you love it too!

Lori said...

Diana Krall: Christmas Songs. If you don't have it, leave right now and go buy it! : )