Well, it may have been 80 degrees in Georgia today, but at least my house smells like fall! Mom has been here this week and we got out and about today. It was so fun! I am SOOO ready for it to get cool though! I do NOT like hot weather...believe it or not...I would rather be cold! Okay...not cold, but cool!
On to the topic here, so I have an obsession with Yankee Candles! My husband actually got me hooked. The reason...because there is a rule in our house...NO NON-JAR CANDLES ALLOWED, all candles must be in a jar and unable to let the wax out! Reason for that...I let the wax burn down the front of our old tv years ago...and he has NEVER forgotten it! However, I am okay with this new rule, b/c that means I can get Yankee Candles! My favorites are..."Clean Cotton" for spring/summer, "Harvest" for fall and "Christmas Tree" for the Holidays! This year...I am trying not to buy silly things that I don't "NEED" (thanks to Dave Ramsey...or his long lost brother...my husband). So, when I discovered that my favorite fall candle was NOT on sale...I found some new favorites!
This is probably silly to devote a whole blog post to candles, but maybe someone is looking for some inexpensive...and YUMMY fall smelling candles! So here goes...
On to the topic here, so I have an obsession with Yankee Candles! My husband actually got me hooked. The reason...because there is a rule in our house...NO NON-JAR CANDLES ALLOWED, all candles must be in a jar and unable to let the wax out! Reason for that...I let the wax burn down the front of our old tv years ago...and he has NEVER forgotten it! However, I am okay with this new rule, b/c that means I can get Yankee Candles! My favorites are..."Clean Cotton" for spring/summer, "Harvest" for fall and "Christmas Tree" for the Holidays! This year...I am trying not to buy silly things that I don't "NEED" (thanks to Dave Ramsey...or his long lost brother...my husband). So, when I discovered that my favorite fall candle was NOT on sale...I found some new favorites!
This is probably silly to devote a whole blog post to candles, but maybe someone is looking for some inexpensive...and YUMMY fall smelling candles! So here goes...
Mom and I actually got this one today. I bought one for mom's best friend, Betty Lou, for all of her help with mom's party last weekend. Well, they were buy 1 get 1 free...so I had to get one for myself. And currently, my whole downstairs smells deliciously FALLISH! This is the "Leaves" scent from Bath & Body works...and of course, this is in a jar so it fits the Hazlewood candle criteria! :) LOVE!
This is the worst picture EVER, but I couldn't find another. This is the closest one to "Harvest" that I have found. It is from Target...and is a line of Yankee Candles that they sell there. The scent is "Autumn Festival" and they are on sale...so great price...plus jar...equals greatness! :) 
3 comments:
That is a GREAT family picture! I, too, love the jar candles. My recent obsession is 'Buttercream,' but I'm trying not to buy frivolous things either. This saving money/being reasonable thing is sooooo not fun! :0)
Love the picture!!! I am OBSESSED with Yankee candles!! Bed, Bath, and Beyond has one on sale every month, and I sometimes find them on sale at JC Penny!
LOVE your new family pic! Promptly blow it up and frame it!! Ha I remember the candle melting incident quite well...hahaha!!
Post a Comment