I have decided that I need to invoke a new rule at our house (in the kitchen at least)...NO CHILDREN ALLOWED PAST THE ISLAND! I actually saw this on an old episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8 (before all the drama). Don't worry...I am not channeling any Kate Gosselin vibes here...I am a control freak but not that bad! :) They were talking about filming and she mentioned that the cameras were not allowed past the island in her kitchen. Not sure if this rule was the same for the kids or not, but probably was. The other night, before Ben got home from work, I was fixing dinner and Sam was literally stuck to my leg the whole time. He was hungry, so he was in a pretty rotten mood. All cabinets were opened (and SLAMMED closed), spices were taken out of the drawer, he was also attempting to take off safety locks, etc and etc! So I decided at that point that I NEED my space in my kitchen. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook and I love my kitchen, so something must be done or I will go crazy. I think I am going to have to try this rule (for children only...you adults, can go anywhere you like in our house)! :) There is just really nothing good that he can get into...dishwasher, under-sink cabinet, stove, fridge...nothing! Not sure how well this will work with a 2 year old that just stares at me when I ask him to do something, but we'll see. One can dream right?
Last night a few of my mommy friends from church went out for a lovely evening of adult conversation...and delicious food! The daddys watched the kids (thanks Ben). It was wonderful. We periodically go out to lunch, but usually are distracted digging through diaper bags for toys/snacks to entertain the kids, so we don't ever get to visit as much as we would like. We drove down to Maggianos (one of my favorites)...and had quite the FEAST! There was so much food it was ridiculous! It was quite yummy...and dessert...OH MY! I think Leanne got a picture of the 4 foot tall chocolate cake we ordered! YUM!
It was so nice to get out for a bit and enjoy the company of these amazing ladies/great friends!
This morning Sam ran a low grade fever, so Ben stayed home with him from church. It was so weird going to church without dropping Sam off at the nursery. I actually automatically went straight to the nursery welcome center when I got there...ooops! And when I left I felt like I was forgetting something. So funny. He is feeling better now and seems to be acting like normal. Hope he doesn't catch what I had last week...no fun! Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!
1 comment:
SO FUNNY... I have the SAME Southern Living cookbook and white mixer... our kitchens look very similar!! :) I don't have an island anymore, but I like that rule!! And girls night out is a must... especially at Maggiano's!! YUM!!!!!
Post a Comment