Today we met some friends at one of the local churches at their massive consignment sale. The sale was good! I had never been to one of those before. They did NOT allow you to bring strollers in (with a BUSY little 2 yr old...you can imagine the problem this presents), but I thought we'd be okay. Sam had been in a great mood that morning and I was hoping for great things.
The first few rooms were FULL of toys/books/movies/etc. By room #2 (I think), Sam had had ENOUGH and was not enjoying himself (nor were any of the people in the room with us). I decided to just make a quick run through the rest of the rooms, but it just wasn't happening. By this point, I was a nervous wreck and sweating to death. The poor people in those rooms. Luckily, most of them had kids too so they understood (I hope). ENTER: Leanne. She offered to take the boys to my car and put the Wonder Pets in the DVD player! I would finish up and then she'd run in and finish up her shopping. This was AWESOME (thanks Leanne)! I was able to find a few things. My major purchases...some books, a Mr POtato Head (like $2), a bag of ball-pit balls (yes, we have a ball pit...and yes I am crazy to actually buy MORE balls to put in it..I know) and I found one of those tent/obstacle course thingys. Sam loves them and I've been wanting to find one to put down in the basement. Long story short. I only spent $18 (I have been completely missing out with these consignment sales)! After this, we went to a brand new Kids Consignment shop. It was REALLY nice. Everything was in excellent condition and I found some more books, a few Thomas the Train dvds and a few Polo shirts (my favorite). Very fun.
The kids (or at least mine) were completely over it and the mommies decided we would be crazy to chance it on lunch, so we headed home! It was always fun to hang out with the girls though! They are the best...and help me get through the days down here!
Next time...we load all the kids in one car...pop in a movie...and the moms switch out with the shopping!
Sam's new toy...a Bob the Builder tent/obstacle (not sure what in the world you call these things) - $10!
It was in really good condition too...it all folds up (but it impossible to do so)...thankfully the lady at the church helped me. I was knocking people over trying to carry this thing through the church halls/check out line! Can you see it now?


After a crazy morning of wrangling Sam...I was worn out. However, he was so sweet when he went down for his nap. He let me actually rock with him to sleep. I miss those times since they don't happen much anymore...so I cherish each one so much. He was in a great mood tonight and such a sweet little boy! I LOVE THAT KIDDO! Can't believe it is AUGUST and he will be 2 in 30 days! Time flies!
The first few rooms were FULL of toys/books/movies/etc. By room #2 (I think), Sam had had ENOUGH and was not enjoying himself (nor were any of the people in the room with us). I decided to just make a quick run through the rest of the rooms, but it just wasn't happening. By this point, I was a nervous wreck and sweating to death. The poor people in those rooms. Luckily, most of them had kids too so they understood (I hope). ENTER: Leanne. She offered to take the boys to my car and put the Wonder Pets in the DVD player! I would finish up and then she'd run in and finish up her shopping. This was AWESOME (thanks Leanne)! I was able to find a few things. My major purchases...some books, a Mr POtato Head (like $2), a bag of ball-pit balls (yes, we have a ball pit...and yes I am crazy to actually buy MORE balls to put in it..I know) and I found one of those tent/obstacle course thingys. Sam loves them and I've been wanting to find one to put down in the basement. Long story short. I only spent $18 (I have been completely missing out with these consignment sales)! After this, we went to a brand new Kids Consignment shop. It was REALLY nice. Everything was in excellent condition and I found some more books, a few Thomas the Train dvds and a few Polo shirts (my favorite). Very fun.
The kids (or at least mine) were completely over it and the mommies decided we would be crazy to chance it on lunch, so we headed home! It was always fun to hang out with the girls though! They are the best...and help me get through the days down here!
Next time...we load all the kids in one car...pop in a movie...and the moms switch out with the shopping!

After a crazy morning of wrangling Sam...I was worn out. However, he was so sweet when he went down for his nap. He let me actually rock with him to sleep. I miss those times since they don't happen much anymore...so I cherish each one so much. He was in a great mood tonight and such a sweet little boy! I LOVE THAT KIDDO! Can't believe it is AUGUST and he will be 2 in 30 days! Time flies!
3 comments:
I'm behind on blogging - LOVE your curtain! Can we have sewing time on our next nap time chat? Why do I feel like my little Sam is becoming a big ham! I love his smile in all these pics and you my dear look BEAUTIFUL!!
Oh girl. Consignment sales are the way to go!! I got hooked on them in Cleveland. Some are terrible, but when they are good, you can find great deals and it's addicting!! You will never look at full price toys the same. Glad you had fun :)
I've found some of Emily's best items at consignment stores. Glad you've discovered the joy!! :)
Post a Comment