I've always loved the 4th of July. I have decided that it is one of my favorite holidays. I mean, don't get me wrong...who doesn't love Thanksgiving and Christmas, but something about the thoughts of barbecuing with friends, hot dogs, potato salad, sunshine, red/white& blue decorations...I mean...it doesn't get much better. I think back when I was a kid and we spent our summers in Dickson, TN. We lived in Connecticut at the time and always drove to TN to see our family in the summer. I can remember grilling out with my mom's side of the family...Aunt Madge's awesome potato salad, cousin Debbie's amazing baked beans, playing badminton in my grandmother's yard...and mainly just spending time with family! Does it get any better than that? No presents to open, no fancy dinner to cook, nothing to get in the way...just relaxing and enjoying the warm (okay...HOT) weather! Anywho...with all that said...here are some more pictures from our relaxing (well...as relaxing as you can be with a toddler running around) 4th of July! Our good friends from church, Katey and Waylon invited several families out to their house for some good fun, food and fireworks. They have an awesome yard...and Waylon smoked some really amazing barbecue for everyone. It was a great night and we had so much fun getting to know everyone better! Most of these pictures are those that Katey sent to me...thanks Katey! Mine didn't turn out that great. We are so blessed to have found this church...they are truly a church "family" and have welcomed us with open arms! AWESOME!
Trying to keep Sam sitting on our little blanket was a bit difficult. Everytime I sat down...he would get up and want to go! Thankfully...Ben was on the other side of the group and we were majorly tag-teaming it! By the way...my husband is awesome!
Katey had a big pool set up and I brought a smaller one for the littler kids. They had a big time playing in the water! So cute!
Sam and his friend, Alayna (Katey's little girl). Alayna is sharing her flags with Sam. So sweet! We spend lots of time with them since the kids are only 2 weeks apart...and their mommies enjoy hanging out too! I got the shorts Sam is wearing (SOOOO CUTE) at Children's Place up at the outlets last week. Alayna has a matching dress (even cuter). We will have to get a picture of them soon. When we were at the mall play area last week, we noticed these two adorable kids with these adorable outfits on. So Katey asks their grandma where they got them from....and guess what...the next day we were off to the outlets and found them. They were really cute and we HAD to have them. 



1 comment:
I agree--the Fourth is a great holiday! Loved all the pictures!
Post a Comment