Sunday, July 05, 2009

Happy 4th from the Hazlewoods!

Hope everyone had a very safe, happy and healthy 4th of July Weekend!

Our little family...Ben apparently didn't get the memo on the patriotic colors...he is too busy thinking about football season approaching! He did get a lot of comments from all of the (we'll call them) "non-Tennessee" fans! I think we have the whole SEC covered in our little group at church. Football season is going to be fun...it will be weird NOT living right outside Knoxville...or TN period! :(

I have more pictures from the FABULOUS barbecue that we went to on Saturday with our church friends, but will have to post those later (once I get them off my camera). This is one, my friend, Katey took on her camera (which I am having serious camera envy over)!
One quick story (okay, my stories are never quick)...Sam got his first bee sting Saturday night! Actually it got him 3 times. He was leaned up against the kiddie pool and all of a sudden he started freaking out, rubbing his leg. There was nothing there so I had no idea what was wrong. Finally I was able to get his hands off of it and saw it...then I saw two more. Poor little guy. One of the moms there is a nurse, so I asked a million questions...like..."if he is allergic to bee stings, we would know by now right?"...and so on! We got him some ice (and ice cream) and he was fine in no time. Now we can check off "NOT allergic to bees" from the list! Fine today and doesn't seem to phase him, so I think we are all good!

Have a great weekend (at least what's left of it)!

2 comments:

awalton said...

aww, poor thing! i'm glad he isn't allergic! i'm always afraid hannah will get stung by something out in the yard. what a good mommy you are to know that ice and ice cream would make it all better! :)

Jillina said...

LOVE that family picture! YOU look Amazing! I can't imagine 3 stings - William got stung last summer by 1 in 2 places and it did not go as smooth as Sam's. We had major meltdowns!