Tuesday, July 14, 2009

More painting...

What a cute little painter? She'll kill me for posting this, but I thought it was cute! She and I can flat-out GET STUFF DONE when we are together. LOVE it. Thanks mom for everything!

Mom has been in town all week and we have been having the BEST time. She got here last Wednesday. We have gone to the park, walked, sewed a valence for the kitchen window, went to IKEA (ahhhhhh), cooked A LOT, played, shopped (a little), visited...and we painted our master bathroom. When I painted the bedroom, I just couldn't get excited about painting the bathroom b/c it has such a tall ceiling. I had no idea how I would paint it. But I knew mom and I could figure it out. We have VBS at church this week and I am volunteering, so while Sam and I went to church on Monday, mom started painting. She got a ton of it done and then we finished it when Sam took a nap that afternoon. We were even able to get in every corner of that crazy room. Ladders and extenders are a great thing! :) Anywho...my mom is amazing and I'm so glad she is here. Just wanted to post some pictures of the progress we made. This probably is really boring for you guys to read, but I get excited about home improvement projects! :)
Here is one of the before pictures. I didn't really take any. It was just the same beige-y color that the bedroom was. BUT it DEFINITELY need some freshening up. The previous owners were not very "careful painters". It was messy and it is so nice to have painted over that mess! :) Maybe one day we can switch out all of the fixtures (I do NOT enjoy the brass - ick). All in good time though. I did buy this shower curtain to cover up the ugly brass shower. It looks MUCH better with it.
And after. Mom and I took off the towel rods, etc and painted them with this Rustoleum spraty paint. It is the brown-ish color with the hammered finish. It is AWESOME. I have painted some hand-me-down brass lamps with it before. They look so good. Too bad you can't paint faucets...heehee...KIDDING!

Oh...can you tell that the shower curtain in this picture SHRUNK? Probably not (and I am the only person who ever will), but I washed all of the towels, mats, etc and threw in the shower curtian with it. WHO KNEW IT WAS DRY CLEAN ONLY?? What kind of shower curtain is dry clean only? OOPS! It shrunk up a bit (less full looking)...and might just have to be replaced at some point. OOPS! What in the world?

This scared me a bit, but I was actually able to reach it on the ladder. What does one put up there for decoration?
All done! I had an extra gallon of paint that I didn't use in our bedroom, so it's the same color...Restoration Hardware "silver sage"! LOVE!
This was the worst part. This was the corner that we could NOT reach on the ladder. We got the extender and taped a brush to it to trim and then put the roller on there and finished rolling it. I just had to take it slow...and be patient! Which are too things I struggle with! :)

This is out of order, but this one the towel hook/racks that we spray painted. Crazy huh? Bye bye BRASS! I plan on changing everything out with that brushed copper-y/brown fixtures, so this worked perfectly and will buy us some more time until we buy all new. The previous owners had already started replacing and changed out the light above the mirror. I really like it, our paint actually matched it really well!
Not sure if you can really tell from this picture, but the paint really looks good with the tile that was in there. It actually pulls out the green/blue color from it. Who knew!
We did it. Reached it with that crazy extender...and NO paint on the ceiling! Whoohoo! It really freshed up that bathroom and now it is really tranquil and peaceful in there! Love it! Thanks mom! You are AMAZING!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Looks awesome! Love the color!

Becky said...

Love the color!! So pretty!!! We had brass doorknobs over here too, and Nate changed out the entire house one weekend... SUCH a pain but made such a difference! :)

Jenna said...

Can you and Ms Martha come to Louisville??? :) Oh and BOO BRASS!! We are slowly geting rid of ours too!

Jillina said...

Looks great!!

Leslie Ware said...

I totally think you could paint faucets with that paint. We have some of the exact same paint and I have painted all kinds of stuff with it. Looks really good!