Today is our little baby's FIRST birthday! I can't even believe that it has been a year already. We have been so blessed with this amazing little boy this year! I can't imagine our lives without them. I have learned so much this year about being a mommy and realizing that maybe I don't have all the answers and that that is okay. I just knew there had to be an answer on what in the world I was supposed to do somewhere...but I finally realized that I am doing the best that I know how and that this baby knows that and loves me no matter how much or how little I know...so that is a good thing. Had I known that from the beginning, it might have saved me lots of energy, sleepless days and nights, tears, oh and money on all those books I tried to read just knowing that one of them would tell me what in the world I am supposed to do with this baby that cries and doesn't sleep at the right times (little did I know...that that is what babies do and you just figure it out as you go). :) I am so thankful for such a great husband who is so helpful and loving to our son and to me! Amazing grandparents, family and friends that we could not have gotten through this year without! We are so thankful for you all! Sam will be having a birthday party, but that won't be for a few weeks....so we'll have lots of pictures then. As my friend Meredith likes to call it...we are celebrating his birth-MONTH...not just the day!
Thank the Lord I don't look like this anymore. This was my last belly shot the night before he was born. Barely any of my maternity clothes were fitting me at that point...I was so big!
Samuel Joseph Hazlewood born on August 30, 2007 at 7:59 am via c-section at UT Medical Center! He weighed in at 8lbs and 11oz...and was 20 1/4 inches long! What a awesome experience and what a sweet baby!
Wearing his UT hat with Smoky sitting next to him. I think we were watching Sam's first VOL football game. The nurses even brought him an orange pacy.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY! We love you so much!
5 comments:
What did we ever do without them? They are such hard work but SO WORTH IT!!! Happy birthday, Sam!
Happy Birthday Sweet Sam - I can't believe he's walking!!
Aww Happy Birthday Sam!! Hope you guys had fun this weekend with the fam. BTW love those green pants, I'm actually wearing them right now :)
I can't believe he is already one!!!! I hope everything is going well in ATL. Maybe we can actually come down and visit you before Sam graduates from high school :) Tell Ms. Martha that she looks awesome!
Happy birthday Sam!!
Post a Comment