Sunday, August 10, 2008

Unemployed!

Below is a picture of all my DENSO shirts/cardigans that I brought to my co-workers for them to wear...since I will no longer need them...yes...that's right...I am officially unemployed!
Friday, was my last day in the working world of HR! Now...I will enter the working world of chasing a one year old around all day! YEAH! I am excited about this opportunity for us and can't wait to get to hang out with my buddy all day! It is going to be trying at times, but I can't wait to see what we will get ourselves into! We are paid through the end of August at day care, so I am taking advantage and sending him during the week, so I can try to prepare to move, sell our house, buy another, house...etc etc...etc! Plus I want him to keep this normalcy up for a while before we move him. No updates on houses yet, but we'll hopefully find something soon! There are LOTS to look at down there.
I made these painted canvases for the ladies in my dept! I had never painted anything like this before and it was quite fun. I will definitely be making more...you all may get one one of these days! Each of them were personalized for each person and had either a bible verse, song, quote, etc...etc...
Me and my very good co-worker and friend, Meredith! I am going to miss this one very much. She is my lunch buddy and my fellow Compensation person! We pretty much can look at each other and know what the other is thinking. Meredith, if you are reading...I am missing you guys already! We canstill do lunch when I am in town! This is how my desk looked all decorated on my last day (you can't see it but there was confetti all over my desk...thanks Buffy)! :)
Had to get all the gang (minus Kasi and Katherine who were absentees) to pose with their little paintings. I hope they liked them...at least they'll think of me when they see them.
Just had to post a picture of my new job! Well...ever since August 30th of last year, he has been my job, but you all know what I mean! Can't wait to hang with this little man all day! He is so fun! Oh...and by the way, he took 2 steps this afternoon...2 different times. YEAH! We shall see....he is so close!

6 comments:

Angie said...

You are so creative and artsy...totally jealous! I hope that you totally love being at home with him during the day! He is definitely a cutie patootie!

Angela said...

Congratulations on your new job:) I love those painted things...you are SO creative! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks for the reunion!

Jillina said...

Yeah I'm going to need one of those cute sign things AND you need, really need to start some sort of online shop. Hello I alone could keep you in business. Your way talented!

Hey wanna take the boys to the zoo one day? I've got passes....

chris anne said...

welcome to the world of the unemployed. you're right, it is hard at times, but it's really fun, too. and very rewarding in a different way. i'm excited for you!

chris anne said...

oh, and i love those paintings. you should totally sell those.

Cristie said...

Congrats, and you are so creative. Love the signs.