Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Last week of Day Care

This is the last week that Sam will be in day care. For the last few weeks since I stopped working, I have been taking him to day care and running errands, cleaning the house, getting ready to move, etc, etc, so needless to say mommy has had quite the vacation. Next week will begin full time stay at home mommyhood! Ben had given me a day at the Aveda spa for my birthday back in May...and I have yet to use it. Shame on me, but there has just been no time to use it...or enjoy it! However, today I decided to use it. I went and got a one hour massage...and it was AMAZING! I figured my days of doing that are numbered, so wear it out right? Thursday...I am getting a facial! Heehee! YEAH! Just wanted to share some pictures of the almost birthday boy! I can't believe he will be ONE on Saturday! Seems like yesterday...and then again...feels like he has been with us FOREVER!

He gives me this look because he knows he probably shouldn't be in there.
"What's in this cabinet"
Sam's new favorite activity...drawers and cabinets in the kitchen. I have bought about three different brands of cabinet locks...and have yet to find something that works with our cabinets. Apparently, the pulls are abnormally far apart.
Then he found my iron trivets...those are a bit heavy and I was praying he didn't drop them on his toe or something. However, it did keep him quite busy while I was cooking dinner. He HAS to be sitting at my feet when I am in the kitchen.
What a mess! But this was pure entertainment for about an hour.
Opening Sam's first...FIRST birthday present from NaNa and YaYa! IT was a "little people" garage...so cute. Thanks NaNa and YaYa!
Helping daddy open his present. He really liked the wrapping paper.

5 comments:

chris anne said...

oh, i didn't realize it was already his birthday! happy birthday, sam! and tell ben's parents good going on the toy. campbell got one of those for his 1st birthday, and he still plays with it sometimes.

Angela said...

Cannot believe he'll be 1 on Saturday! Seems like yesterday we were big and preggers together:) She plays at my feet in the kitchen too now...no more jumparoo or toys, it's all about crawling to the door stoppers or finding the power outlets. Is Sam walking yet?

Jillina said...

I'm with you, I can not belive Sam will be one but I feel like he's always been part of your family. I love his little face in that first picture! Hey you and Sam can come down for a day in the crossvegas anytime your still in TN. We have plenty of toys, and a crib that he can nap in.

Angie said...

I know what you mean about feeling like time has flown by with Sam, yet it seeming like he's been a part of you always. I feel the same way about Emily.

Angie said...

Oh, Kate- turning the carseat around? I can't bear to think about it! Being a mommy is ripping my heart out! :)