You know I love a project...so recently I was itching for something new and decided I would strip the wallpaper in our laundry room and repaint...and then just use the same paint to do the boys/guest bathroom upstairs. I'm down to just a few rooms that are left to paint since we moved in over 2 yrs ago (I've done A LOT of painting but determined to get them all done). There's something about repainting a room...knowing it's your paint/your mess/freshened up...does that make sense? It always makes me feel like it's more "ours". I know I'm crazy. Painting is just such an inexpensive way (maybe $30ish per gallon) to make a major decorating change. Since we've got some MAJOR projects that we're saving for (hardwoods downstairs, new ac, heating unit for basement - YIKES)...these little, cheapy projects make me happy.
Anywho...back to the laundry room. When we first moved to this house...this room was definitely on my list of rooms to re-do but obviously not a priority. This wallpaper border is just not me...nor the pastels! When I painted Sam's room, his had these same colors along with a pastel, minty green (ugh). I'm guessing she just had some leftover and decided to use them in the laundry room along with this border. My mom always thought it was cute, maybe b/c she used the SAME one in our laundry room when we moved to Maryville in what...1995? No offense mom...but that was 16 yrs ago. :) Ha! It's coming down. It actually came down pretty easily. I'm about halfway done with the paint. Still need to pull the washer/dryer out and clean/paint behind there. I am using one of my favorite colors..."Crocodile Tears" Olympic (from Lowes). I have used this one before...in our bedroom in Spring Hill and then in Maryville. I always loved it and wanted to use it somewhere here...so here we go. I'll post some "after" pictures once I get finished.
Anywho...back to the laundry room. When we first moved to this house...this room was definitely on my list of rooms to re-do but obviously not a priority. This wallpaper border is just not me...nor the pastels! When I painted Sam's room, his had these same colors along with a pastel, minty green (ugh). I'm guessing she just had some leftover and decided to use them in the laundry room along with this border. My mom always thought it was cute, maybe b/c she used the SAME one in our laundry room when we moved to Maryville in what...1995? No offense mom...but that was 16 yrs ago. :) Ha! It's coming down. It actually came down pretty easily. I'm about halfway done with the paint. Still need to pull the washer/dryer out and clean/paint behind there. I am using one of my favorite colors..."Crocodile Tears" Olympic (from Lowes). I have used this one before...in our bedroom in Spring Hill and then in Maryville. I always loved it and wanted to use it somewhere here...so here we go. I'll post some "after" pictures once I get finished.
2 comments:
I do love a paint job! I'm thinking of redoing my dinning room this spring. New paint, new curtains and recovering the cushions. If only we could work together like the Spring Hill days when we painted your kitchen! Good times!!
I will say that as far as wallpaper borders go, that one isn't so bad. I just can't believe they have LAUNDRY THEMED wall paper!
Post a Comment