Sunday, January 09, 2011

A few favorite things...

I could write all day about all of my favorite things. I REALLY enjoy the little things in life and get really excited about them. Today...I was getting supper ready and thought about a few things and thought I'd share. Tomorrow might be totally different, but these are a few things that make me happy today! :)

THIS is what Anita got us for Christmas!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! She designed it at a cute little shop in their town and had one made for us, NaNa and YaYa and them too. Mine says "blessings" behind the words...so perfect! Thanks Anita!
The company that makes these is "Danielson Designs". I love them and going to have to do some too. Don't be surprised if you get one of these from me!
Yes, these are random...but again...the little things! This is my new dutch oven that my mom got me for Christmas. I have wanted one for a long time and am so excited about it. It's the perfect size. I feel very "Food Networky" (yes...just made that word up)!

Another thing...see that little clip on the side of the pot...got one of those when we were at a cute, little kitchen store in Michigan and love it. Our stove gets SOOOO hot and I don't have room for a spoon rest on top of the it anymore so this is perfect! Fits right on there and doesn't burn your hands off when you touch it. I love little kitchen gadgets! They are so fun.

One more thing...LOVE this new recipe for white chili! YUM! It's kind of high maintenance b/c it seems like it takes all day, but it's really delicious and perfect for a cold, January day! It makes a ton too. We ate and I filled up two more big containers. One for tomorrow and one for the freezer.
The white chili recipe came from this cookbook! It's GREAT! One of the reasons I knew it was for me...that fudge pie on the front...well, the recipe is really close to my mamas, so you know it has to be good! :) The recipes are simple...nothing fancy (which is how I like them) and they are yummy! Lots of great desserts too. Her specialty is baking I think, but she has tons of main dishes, appetizers, SOUPS, and everything else. If you're in the market for a new cookbook...here you go. I've always cooked the same thing over and over. What my mom cooked...what her mom cooked (which are all wonderful). A few years ago...I decided to try to venture out and try some new things, so this is a great cookbook. Since we're talking about food. I fixed myself some hot chocolate this afternoon with some nutella. YUMMMM! I first discovered nutella when we went to France in college. I must have had a crepe every day...and they all had nutella on them! YUM!
One day, as a treat, I made Sam some bananas...and apples with nutella. He LOVED them.

Couldn't talk about my favorite things without a picture of these 2! Love these guys so much! They make me so happy!

Sorry that was so random, but just wanted to share. These days I try to think about things that make me happy rather than things that make me crazy! :)

The forecast says we are supposed to get lots of snow/ice in the next few days, so I'm thinking that we will be spending a lot of time in the house. Maybe we'll have some snow pictures to share!

1 comment:

Jillina said...

Ha! I got a dutch oven for Christmas too!! So fun!!