Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Carousels and Trains!

I just saw Leanne post all of these pictures on her blog. I totally forgot that she took all these fun pictures that day. So....I swiped them. Thanks Leanne! :)
After we had that big snow/ice storm several weeks ago...we were itching to get out of the house and cure our cabin fever. Some of the roads were still bad, but we thought we could make it to the mall at least. Leanne and her boys joined us. We had a blast as always. It's funny...probably 95% of the time we go to the mall we don't actually shop (which is a VERY good thing), but we just go, eat lunch, ride the carousel...and now we've added a new activity (more about that in a minute)! Kind of funny, but it's worth it just to get out and about when we can't play outside. Sam LOVES to go too...and me + mall = good anytime!
Here's Jack hanging out in the stroller!

We had a great lunch (Chick-fil-a for everyone but Sam who will only eat mac-n-cheese from the veggie place)! I swear, the child won't even eat a chicken nugget or french fry. I guess this is a good thing, but what kills me is that he WILL NOT even try them. I know he'd like them if he tried it, but he won't...stubborn little thing (takes after his mommy - so I really shouldn't be surprised huh??). :) The big boys were itching to ride the carousel, so I took them while Leanne hung with the little brothers. I think Philip must be reading something very important to Jack. So cute.
Here we are. Sam refuses to ride the animals, so we always sit. Jackson thought this was a fun idea until the ride started...then we moved to an animal.

So we did...but poor Sam...just hanging out on the seat. He loves it though, so I don't push it. So funny this kid!
Jackson was LOVING his animal...and smiling/waving to his mommy taking pictures!
Attempt at getting 2, 3.5 yr olds, an 11 month and a 10 month old looking at the camera at the same time. At least we're all there. I think these pictures are more fun than when we are all actually looking. These are WAY more real to how it actually is! :)
We did a new activity this time...the train that goes around the mall. Sam ALWAYS wants to find it and is fascinated by it. He won't ride it though...it's kind of expensive for rides too so I've been okay with him not wanting to ride ($4/person...CRAZY - the carousel is $2 and adults are free). Anywho, we figured that since this was a special day, we'd give it a try. Sam didn't want to at first, but he warmed up to the idea very quickly. As we were loading up, our friend, Priscilla passed by with her kiddos. Addison hopped in the train and rode with us. So fun! The kids had a blast. Jackson waved at everyone (so cute)...Sam just stared out of the car in awe and Addison just smiled the whole time. Sam LOVED it (Wes, Leanne's husband was there that day, so he stayed with the little boys while we rode. Just in case you thought we just left the little guys hanging in the mall by themselves - ha).

I'm sure there will be more train rides in our future...considering Sam is obsessed with them these days. If you walk around our house, there's a good chance that you will step on a train or a train track. They have taken over.

So thankful for our wonderful friends that we have here in Georgia! Thanks for a fun day, Benders!

No comments: