As most of you know...the city of Atlanta has pretty much been shut down since Monday. CRAZY! I've never seen anything like it. Interstates shut down, accidents everywhere, people leaving their cars on the roads, insanity. Ben used to live in Wisconsin and he said that he's never seen anything like this. Not so much the amount of snow...obviously they get much more than we ever will, but the whole town basically shutting down. It's crazy. We've been stuck in our house since Sunday night. The problem is that we got all that snow (maybe 5 or so inches)...then another 1-2 inches of ice on top of that. With it not getting above freezing...it will NOT melt! The sun was out yesterday which helped a lot and today too. Supposed to get above freezing tomorrow...so hopefully it will GO AWAY! We are all about to climbt he walls here. Our neighbor went to the store yesterday and got us some milk and eggs (so sweet). Ben ventured out too just to gas up the car and check it out for himself. Main roads are good but back roads, parking lots, etc are still REALLY ICY. He went back to work today and said that we'd be fine to get out if we had something to do. I need to make a trip to target. It's about 5-10 mins from the house so I think we'll make the trek! Ha.
My friend, Cory posted these on her facebook wall...and I had to share. They are SOOOO FUNNY and SOOOO true!


This one especially made me laugh. So funny. The schools have been out all week (and I think out tomorrow again too), so people with kids who normally go to school all day have had a long week...and with MLK on Monday, they won't be back until Tuesday. Hopefully everything will clear up and we can all get out and about again very soon. It's fun to have snow days (and I LOVE snow)...BUT not when you can't go anywhere. It's really annoying.
We've enjoyed hanging out with daddy this week though. He's been working from home, but it's just nice to have him around.
We've heard tons of people complaining about ice trucks and clearing the road, BUT what I've enjoyed hearing more than anything are the stories of people coming through and helping out neighbors, strangers, etc. People were stranded at the bus station with limited food, etc and lots of people drove down...brought them food, blankets, etc! I LOVE stuff like that. Amidst all the drama...people really do care about each other and willing to do what they can to help.
We've heard tons of people complaining about ice trucks and clearing the road, BUT what I've enjoyed hearing more than anything are the stories of people coming through and helping out neighbors, strangers, etc. People were stranded at the bus station with limited food, etc and lots of people drove down...brought them food, blankets, etc! I LOVE stuff like that. Amidst all the drama...people really do care about each other and willing to do what they can to help.
No comments:
Post a Comment