Sunday, January 02, 2011

Cookies for Santa!

I have LOTS of things to catch up on from Christmas! We just got back from an awesome trip to Michigan to visit Ben's brother's family...NaNa and YaYa were there too, so the whole Hazlewood gang was there! We left Christmas Day to start the journey. It's been a long week with lots of travel, but we had an awesome time. SOOOO MUCH FUN! I have lots of pictures from Christmas and our trip, but here is where we left off.

We have never really baked cookies for Santa (poor Santa huh?). This was the first year that Sam was really into it. He had a great time...and really enjoyed it. I have been wanting to paint a personalized "Cookies for Santa" plate for the boys for a while and finally got to it a few weeks ago. Here is how it turned out. Pretty fun!

Helping cut out Christmas shapes...at first I didn't want him to get messy and get flour all over the kitchen, but I got over that real quick and just let him go for it. He loved it. Made a mess but a very fun memory!
Playing with the dough. He had so much fun...and it entertained him forever! Gonna have to break out the flour more often!
Icing and sprinkles to complete our cookies! He might have eaten more sprinkles than what actually ended up on the cookies...he was so cute and having so much fun.
Santa really liked his cookies!

1 comment:

Jillina said...

Of course I love your plate! You are so good!