Saturday, October 16, 2010

Toy Story3 on Ice!

Took Sam (and Jack) to see Toy Story3 on Ice today at Phillips! It was SOOOO much fun. I really didn't know how he would do since he has issues with that whole "sitting still thing"! :) I knew how much he LOVES Buzz and Toy Story, so we thought we'd give it a shot. Sam talked about it for the last 2 days. He was so excited about going to see Toy Story. Our seats couldn't have been better. On the end and back row of the first level, so we had nothing behind us but a wall. Perfect. I bought a ticket for Jack, so we'd have the room for his car seat, etc. You know I can't handle being crowded (I'm crazy I know). We could see everything perfectly.
Sam hasn't seen Toy Story 3 (well, he and Ben left about halfway through at the theater), so he didn't understand why Barbie and Ken were out there and not Buzz. He kept saying "where did Toy Story go". We left when he was ready...which was about halfway through the second act. Fine with us b/c we wanted to just leave when he was ready. No crying, arguing...trying to make him sit still and making all of us crazy. I've learned this is just the better way to go with him (for us). It turned out perfect b/c we got out before traffic got really bad. NICE! Anywho...my boy is getting bigger. It's so fun to think that we can do stuff like this with him now. I don't want to ever wish any moment away while they are still so little, but I am excited about the day when we can take both boys out and do some really fun stuff. So much fun to look forward to. Love my little family of boys! :)
This I took afterwards. Here's the $20 plastic Buzz we got him. It did light up and spin around so that was pretty cool. He had so much fun with that thing though. However...in my next life, I will return as a sales person for Disney merchandise b/c the mark up on those things is BEYOND ridiculous. Oh, the things we do for these kids! :) Isn't this just part of the deal when you go to these shows...you must buy some over-priced plastic crapola for the kids? Ha!
REALLY EXCITED to go see Buzz!
I must admit this...I teared up a bit watching Sam freak out when all of his favorite characters come out onto the ice. He kept yelling their names like they could hear him. It was hilarious...it made my heart SOOOOO very happy to see him having so much fun! That's why we do all of this crazy stuff right? So fun!
Lighty-up...spin-around Buzz!
Stop taking my picture mommy...I must see my Toy Story!
Whoooohoooo!
So excited! I think the lights on Buzz turned out really cool in these pictures.

Ready to go mommy!
Mommy got a treat too...a big bag of cotton candy! Major guilty pleasure! Love that stuff! Ben won't touch it...too sticky! :)
After we got home, we hung out outside for a bit. Sam was playing ball with daddy while me and jack hung out on the front porch. Took some cute pictures of this happy little face. Seriously, unless he's hungry, sleepy or just pooed his pants...this is how he is. Such a sweet guy!

No comments: