Sunday, October 17, 2010

Apple Orchard...

Today was a GORGEOUS day here in Georgia! We decided to make the drive up to Ellijay to go visit the apple orchard. It was a beautiful drive up there...made me think of East TN! Sam had a great time. They had so much fun stuff for the kids to do. He could have stayed all day. Such a wonderful fall (even though it was 76 degrees) day with my guys!
We didn't actually pick any apples. Sam wasn't into it and there weren't very many apples left on the trees so we just let Sam play. However, we didn't miss the apple market on the way out for some fried pies and apple fritters...oh, and I got some apple butter too! YUM!

Standing at the fence to the petting zoo. Not sure what to think, but finally decided to go in with daddy.
He made Ben hold him at first, but eventually he warmed up to it, got down and actually petted one of the goats. I was sure that one of them would jump on him and he would be never touch another animal ever again, but they didn't. He did great.
Getting closer. Sam is such a cautious kid that I really didn't think he would go, but I was so pleasantly surprised when he did. He kept asking if we could go find some more animals. HIlarious.
Of course we found a slide to slide down.
And a tractor! Having so much fun!
This is a picture I NEVER imagined. Petting the goat is one thing, but actually getting on the cow...I was amazed. So proud of our big boy.
And this one...he actually rode a pony without the death-grip on his daddy! Amazing. This may seem weird that I am so amazed but if you know Sam, you know that he is just not one to get out there and jump on an animal (or anything really). It takes him a while to warm up to most situations. They say his daddy was the same way. Just sits back and takes it all in. So this was quite a treat for us to see him. Maybe now he'll ride one of the animals on the carousel rather than the seat! :)

Since he was such a good boy, we got some homemade ice cream! YUM!
Attempting to take a picture with my boys!

No comments: