Well, we weren't actually camping...more like visiting the campers! Ha. Ben's family camps every year (I think YaYa said they started in the mid-80s) in Cades Cove in October...Bama football weekend. I love that they have such a great tradition and that they've done it with the same people for that many years. I so hope we can make this tradition for our kids too one day. I always love to hear Ben tell stories of the whole crew camping over the years, riding the loop in Cades Cove, ice cream, camping in tents...and about a million more funny stories! We've been several years since we've been married and it's always so fun. I must say...I DO enjoy that they have all upgraded to the campers. I'm not much of a tent-camping fan!
I love just sitting around the campfire and talking...going for walks, the yummiest soft serve ice cream ever and just enjoying being with family. My boys are going to have some serious fun there over the years...as are we! Here are a few pictures from our visit Saturday! It was gorgeous up there and there was a million people driving the loop. Apparently, last weekend was "the weekend" for checking out leaves. So pretty! I do LOVE East TN...I think I am a mountain girl. Not so much city...or beach...I love being in the mountains.
It was really cool when we got up there, but warmed up throughout the day. Perfect weather. Here's Sam walking on the logs with YaYa! He had SOOOO much fun! Loves his NaNa and YaYa!
Just hanging out...
Serious concentration
We could not survive without the exersaucer! We take it everywhere. Jack's in that in-between...can't lie still, but can't really go anywhere, so we just put him in here and he is perfectly content. He likes watching Sam play. Such a sweet little guy!
Hanging out with cousin, Zoe! I remember when she was about Sam's age and she used to call me "Cake"! She is so cute and growing up so much!
Going for a little spin with YaYa. This is Vera's bike and once Sam spotted it...he had to check it out. YaYa (and pretty much everyone) took him for a quick spin right there around the campsite. Too funny.
Trying to be a big boy and get on the bike by himself. Love my sweet husband in the background! So handsome!
And this guy. That's one of Sam's 12 month sweatshirts...He can wear it. Kind of glad that I actually got to use it again. He'll be able to wear the 18 mo ones this winter. So glad that I'll get to use so much of Sam's stuff again. I didn't know if the sizes would work out, but lots of them did.
Getting a little assistance from YaYa!
No comments:
Post a Comment