Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May = lots of HAPPYS!

Me, Mom and the boys! Happy Mothers Day Mom! You are the BEST!
May is my favorite month! I LOVE it...the weather is always pretty...it's springtime...plus my birthday (I AM 30), Mothers Day and our anniversary (6 years). Pretty much May is Celebration month! You know I like to celebrate!
We had an impromptu weekend trip to Nashville this past weekend. With new baby and toddler, the chances of going anywhere far away is just not an option, so we opted for good ole Nashville (which I LOVE and MISS SO VERY MUCH)! I've told you all this before but for our anniversary, Ben and I always spend the night at the Hermitage Hotel downtown Nashville (MOST AMAZING HOTEL EVER)! We stayed there on our wedding night and like to make a tradition of it. So fun! We also always go to Ruths Chris for dinner. We always talk of venturing out and going somewhere different for dinner, but I just CANNOT miss out on the bubbly, HOT, butter plate. It's my favorite - if you've been, you know what I'm talking about! It's amazing! So that is kind of our anniversary HAPPY, but it fell on my birthday/Mothers Day weekend, so we just kind of lump them all together.
We met mom in Nashville on Friday and she took Sam home with her. We kept Jack with us. He did AMAZING. I was a bit nervous, but he slept entirely through dinner (our waiter didn't even know we had a baby with us) and slept great through the night (woke up once maybe). Ben and I had such a relaxing night and day, Saturday. We made no plans (usually I try to make all these plans when I'm in town and then am completely exhausted afterwards) which was nice. This was just such a treat for us. Sam had a blast at Mops' house. He is still asking if we can go to "Mops Home"!
Me and my boys!

It was nice to be at moms for Mothers Day. Jack made his first church appearance! Ben cooked us an amazing breakfast when we got home! It was delicious. He is so good! We had a pretty relaxing day. Maybe the most exciting part was that EVERYONE took a nap! And yes, that is exciting these days! Great day. I am so thankful to be a mommy to these 2 wonderful boys! AND I am so thankful for my amazing moms...Mom Hazlewood and my mom! LOVE YOU BOTH! Happy Mother's Day! Thought this was a cute picture of Sam. He is actually looking at the camera and his hand aren't in his nose or mouth! :) I was worried where Sam was going to sleep while we were there. Usually, he was always in the pack-n-play, but he is just way too big for it now (climbs out, plus Jack is occupying it now). So, mom blew up some mattresses and she and Sam camped out on the floor (the things grandmas do huh)! He did great. Here he is with all of his animals, etc!
I am convinced this is why he has trouble sleeping at home...he has WAY TOO MUCH STUFF in there. Look at all of that! Crazy little boy I tell ya! I think those were my brother's Mickey Mouse sheets (circa 1970s?). Still in pretty good shape after all these years. Mom slept on the Princess sheets. How funny...she is so cute! Thanks mom!
This is a bit out of order, but I've been telling Ben that all I wanted was an ALL ice cream cake. I always had one of those cakes when I was a kid for my birthday and I LOVE THEM! They are my favorite. I thought it was so cute that he got it for me! So sweet!
Yes...MORE dessert...so much for losing those baby pounds!
BUT, this one was too good not to talk about. This was our dessert (don't worry, I did share) Friday night at Ruths Chris. My fave...Creme Brulee! YUM! It was amazing!

Lobby of the Hermitage Hotel! Truly beautiful! BEST SHOWER ever. It's like standing under a pressure washer (seriously). I love a good, painful shower. And yes, I'm weird!
Jack and LuLu!
We stayed a couple of extra days. Ben went on and drove home (by way of the plant in Shelbyville to check in on them for work) on Monday. Tuesday before we went home, mom's best friend, Betty Lou came over to watch the boys so I could shower, pack the car, etc, etc. I think she was really just wanting to hold the baby! Heehee! :) Sam LOVES his LuLu! Thanks for the help LuLu! I needed it!
Again, this one if out of order. These were the Mother's Day flowers that Ben (and the boys) sent me! LOVE THEM! So pretty! You can't exactly get a great appreciation for them with my camera phone, but they are so pretty!

YES...MORE DESSERT! Betty Lou is an amazing cook and Sunday she brought over pound cake, homemade whipped cream and strawberries. AMAZING! This plate was too pretty not to share. Doesn't it just look like summer?

Sam lining up all of Mops's bath toys.

Mommy and Jack

Mops and Jack
My little man! Shout out and BIG thanks Leslie (Poole) Ware for the blanket. We get compliments on it all the time!
All in all, we had a WONDERFUL weekend. I feel so blessed!
Happy Mothers Day!

5 comments:

The Benders said...

great pictures of you and your precious boys!!!

Jillina said...

Aww you look so pretty!! So glad you guys had such a great weekend!

Leslie Ware said...

So glad you like the blanket, it just totally looked like you and your boys! Your pictures look awesome, I am so glad you got to celebrate all those awesome things!
The Hermitage Hotel looks so cool!

YaYa said...

Great pictures of everyone. Glad the waters parted so you could get there. The boys look very happy and healthy. Glad you got to spend time with your mom.

Becky said...

LOVE the update and all of the pictures!!!! Those flowers are GORGEOUS! You look great and your boys are so precious! Glad you had such a great weekend!! Love you!