Friday, May 21, 2010

2 Months...

I can't believe that Jack is 2 months old today! Time has definitely flown by. We are having fun and doing well. Some days are harder than others. Not going to lie...it definitely takes SOOOO much longer to do anything these days and I am LATE for everything. Mainly because I get everyone ready to go, bags packed...and Jack gets hungry, or I forget 20 things in the house. Luckily, my friends know this and don't expect me to be on time anywhere (thank you friends). We definitely use the "ish-whenever-you-can-get-here" time for most things we do!

Jack is doing great. Eating well, sleeping (fairly) well (still up 1-2 times a night). I have to remind myself that he's just 2 months old. He isn't going to sleep through the night immediately. He is doing much better though...which means, mommy is more human! :) Sam and I took Jack to the doctor today. Here are the latest stats:

Weight: 13lbs 4oz (the paper said 75-90th %ile, so not sure what that means...I guess he falls in the middle there somewhere. I didn't have my wits about me (trying to juggle both of them in that teeny, tiny...HOT exam room) to ask, but I guess he's fine, so I'm not worried. Height: 23 in (50th %ile)

He got several of his shots too. He did not enjoy those very much. So sad to see them screaming like that. I remember those first shots with Sam and it broke my heart. These were easier since I was prepared for it, but still NEVER fun to see your baby screaming! UGH! Sam was playing and when they did his shots, he got real protective of his little brother and wanted to know what...and why they were doing what they were doing. He keeps talking about Jack's booboos (then he pushed on his band-aid which probably didn't help poor Jack, but still - he's getting there). :) Very sweet to see him protecting his little brother!

I wish I had a picture of Sam and his "guys" from today. He has about a million stuffed animals/toys that go in his bed with him, but there is a "core group" that he's really into now. It is too funny. When he goes to bed, he has these long conversations with them and sings to them. I could sit there for hours and listen to him over the monitor. ANYWHO - Sam insisted that he bring "the guys" with him to the doctor today. "The guys" consist of "Woody" (from Toy Story), Seahorse (we are not creative with names here...we just call them what they are) and "Puppy"! He carried them everywhere today...including to the doctor's office. This was one of those times I was like, whatever. Now, I am going to have to give "the guys" a bath in the laundry after being carried all over the doctor's office! It was just too funny not to share. I'll try to get a picture of Sam and "they guys" soon.

The above picture has "Gloworm" - another one of the "guys". He didn't go with us today b/c he makes too much noise! Funny gloworm story...last night Sam started screaming and crying in his bedroom. We thought he just didn't want to go to bed, but Ben finally went in to make sure he wasn't injured or something. Come to find out...he was fine, "gloworm" however, just needed some new batteries. Good grief!
Looking forward to a great weekend with my boys! Happy Friday to you all!

2 comments:

Angie said...

2 months? Really?!

Becky said...

Grace is the same, except she calls them her "friends"... all 20 of them in her bed. I seriously don't know how she sleeps. They get sung to and tucked in... so so funny. Your boys are precious!!