Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Anniversary to us...5 years!

5 years ago today, Ben and I got married! It was a such a beautiful day...and luckily wasn't too hot. Everything went perfectly and it was such a fun day! My brother and sister sang, Duff married us...the outdoor setting was so beautiful...it was amazing!
I feel so blessed to have married my Ben! He is an amazing husband, father, provider, Christian, friend...and the list could go on and on, but I will save you all the sappiness! :) Who would have known that when I was a junior in high school and had such a crush on this handsome William Blount guy (he went to another school than I did), I would end up dating him for quite a while (in high school yrs)...then not for a while...THEN...he would end up being my husband and lifelong best friend! I am so lucky! I love you, Ben!

I'll leave you with one more thing...I'm not the best with words, so I thought I'd type out the words to our vows. We used the Bible verse, Ruth 1:16-17 as our vows to each other. Duff and Jenni did this in their wedding and it was so beautiful that we used it too!

"Entreat me not to leave you or forsake you. For where you go I will go and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried also. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you from me."

The Hazlewoods! (sorry...these aren't the best quality, they are just pictures of pictures)
This was before we took pictures...we were able to have a moment before all the craziness began!
All my girls!
This is one of my favorites. We had our wedding at this awesome bed&breakfast in the middle of nowhere TN. It was rustic (in a very Southern Living kind of way)...and our photographer snapped this picture of my mom on the porch of the lodge. I think she was watching Sara and Duff singing before the wedding...but PLEASE NOTE the sign..."HIPPIES USE SIDE DOOR"! Yep...it made the wedding album too! I loved it. I didn't want a big, stuffy wedding. I wanted it to be laid back (yet traditional) and casual (yet classy) and all about our families and friends...and it was!
We had no fancy decorations, just the beautiful countryside backdrop, which was more than enough. We did have a few flowers...and here is Marilyn (family friend) and Dad Hazlewood hanging up some sap buckets that were FULL of blue hydrangeas! This was the tree that we got married under...it was so pretty...I loved it!

I wish that tomorrow we were headed for the place below...JACKSON HOLE, WY! Maybe we'll go back again someday though! We picked a very non-traditional honeymoon spot and opted for the gorgeous mountains of Jackson Hole! It was amazing! If you have never been...it is absolutely gorgeous. Make sure you bring some $$$$$ with you b/c it is pretty pricey though!

Here were are waiting for OLD FAITHFUL geyser in Yellowstone Park!
Here is a view of Teton Village (where we stayed). Our hotel was the Teton Mtn Lodge (back left). It was unbelievable! This was really cool at night b/c the whole place was lit up. Not sure if you can see it but there is lift that you can take up the mountain...very cool (and very HIGH).
View from our room!
Taking a picture in front of the antlers arches in the town square.
I just love this picture with the Tetons behind us!

Thanks for taking a quick walk down memory lane with me! It's always fun to think back on such fun times!

5 comments:

The Benders said...

What a great recap of your wonderful day! I love the white chairs :-)

Hope you had fun tonight celebrating and will have a blast on your trip!

Angie said...

What perfect vows! Happy anniversary!

Kelee Chrisman Hall said...

i remember that day! beautiful!! love you!!!!! i'm going to use those same vows in two weeks...i've always loved those verses ever since your wedding. I'm trying to learn how to say them in, Afrikaans, philip's language. Ha wish me luck you know how i get so ridic nervous in front of people;)

Becky said...

Awww! Happy Anniversary! Your wedding WAS beautiful... I remember it very well!! Love you Katers!

Jillina said...

Made me a little teary here. Your wedding was perfect! Hope you have a great trip! Love you!