Sam sliding down the slide...only when the other kids were not playing on it. Apparently, he is like his daddy and just sits back and watches the other kids play...and then decides what he wants to do. At first, I was worried that he was just an anti-social toddler, but I think it is just part of his little personality...and I think it's really cute. We had a great Memorial Day with some of our new church friends. We are so blessed to have gotten connected with such an amazing church and group of people...they have completely welcomed us and we are so thankful for each of them. We had such a great evening spending time with these families! Waylon & Katey Smith were kind enough to open their beautiful home to all of us. Waylon has a giant smoker and cooked us some amazing food (not your typical bbq...they went all out...it was definitely Food Network worthy)! The kids ran around like crazy and we stayed way past everyone's bedtime, but it was well worth it.
Overall...it was an excellent way to spend a Memorial Day...food, friends, family, fellowship!
Thanks to all the men and women who serve so we can enjoy such freedoms! Happy Memorial Day to all!
Some of the men folk admiring Waylon's smoker and awesome "man-building"!
Wes was keeping an eye on all the kiddos.
Jackson pulling the other kids in the wagon....he's quite strong! :)
All the girls (me, Katey, Priscilla (due in July), Ashley and Leanne). Now, Wes Bender thinks I am flexing my muscles here, but really...my arm started bleeding, so I was trying to cover it up for the picture. Funny thing is...I have no idea what bit me...or when b/c I never felt it.
One of the amazing appetizers that Waylon made was these jalapeno pepper things. They were hollowed out peppers stuffed with cream cheese & mini-hotdogs wrapped in bacon. These were quickly consumed by the guys, but us girls wanted to give it a try...I could only eat like half of mine b/c it was SOOOO HOT! My lips were on fire and my eyes watering. It was awesome though. Here's Katey, Leanne and I trying not to cry from the HEAT.
After dinner the kids played in the water...and were in heaven. They loved it. Even Sam. It took him a while to get into it, but he did NOT want to leave and pitched a fit (understatement) when he had to get out. I decided the fact that it was (1) dark...and (2) his lips were quivering meant that it was time to get out. He could have stayed in there forever. He thought it was a bath...his fave!
Pretty sure we bought a pool this week since he loved playing in this one so much.
Sam and Addy...so cute! Not sure what the deal was with the pool not standing up, but those kids sure didn't care. So easy to please!
No comments:
Post a Comment