Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Latest projects

I have been trying to get our house in fairly acceptable shape lately. I've painted most of the rooms (with a few still to do). We still have a lot of work to do (mainly just some updating), but all of that requires lots of money...and time (two things that we are pretty selective with these days). So we are just going one small project at a time. In the meantime, I thought I'd paint a couple of things for our room and Sam's room. I have done a lot of these for other people, but never any really for our house...til now! Not sure how I like them yet, but thought I'd hang them up and see what I think. What do you all think? Do they look too "homemade"...I don't want my whole house to look like a kids art project. I am far from an interior decorator...so I need help!

I've always wanted something with this little saying on it ("Always, Kiss me goodnight")...so I painted it to match the wall color and "voila"!
And...I had this long canvas leftover and thought I could do something on the other side of the bed with it...but what????? Then, I thought about the bible verse (Ruth 1:16) that Ben and I used in our wedding vows...what would be more perfect? Again, painted it the wall color and busted out my TRUSTY BROWN paint pen (one of my favorite items)! This is kind of the "Kate abridged" version. You may not be able to read it b/c it is a bit loopy, but you get the picture.
The finished product. We'll see if I can get used to it. I'm usually my worst critic when it comes to writing on canvases, so sometimes I just see the mess ups...but from far away it isn't too bad.
I've been looking for something for Sam's room with this little nursery rhyme on it ("I see the moon and the moon sees me. God bless the moon and God bless me"). I've yet to find anything that I liked so I thought I would try to paint it. I'm not all that excited about it right now, but maybe it will grow on me. The stripes are supposed to match Sam's bedding. And what would anything that I paint be...without some sort of initial/monogram! We'll see.


I am posting the following for the family members. We talk about Sam singing his songs all the time and it is too funny not to post. However, please excuse the woman behind the camera singing...it is kind of hard to listen too I know, but for the love of the child you know...we do what we have to. I am not a singer...Duff and Sara got all of that talent, so please forgive me (I can't believe I am actually posting this on the WWW).

5 comments:

chris anne said...

love the video! andrew was mesmerized, and when it was over he wanted to watch it again. man, i sure wish we lived near each other! love you!

Angela said...

Super cute video:)

Jillina said...

LOVE your new paintings! Super cute as always!!

Becky said...

Sam is SO cute!!!! I so wish we lived closer so our kids could play together!!! And your canvases look awesome! You should sell those!!!!

Anonymous said...

Canvases look great- Sam is adorable- You most certainly can sing :) Loved the video!!!