
Okay...so it is official...Thanksgiving is over SOOOOOO...let the FESTIVUS begin! Granted I have been listening to my Christmas cds for many weeks now (not paying a bit of attention to the rules of Christmas music etiquette), but now I can without ridicule! :) I love decorating for the Holidays, baking treats, going to parties, listening to Christmas music, etc, etc etc. I am serious...my alternate ego comes out and I get a little crazy during this time of year. I tend to get a bit crazy with buying presents (I tell Ben...can you really buy too much? I mean...tis the season for giving right?)...get out of control with wrapping paper (by the way, Target has an excellent selection this year), ribbon (I have a new obsession with ribbon...all kinds), baking goodies for friends and work, ummm...pretty much everything associated with the Holiday.
Saturday...I confess I didn't watch a bit of the UT game, but did spend the whole time putting up my tree(actually tree(s) now...it has become plural...and still growing in numbers). It was so fun getting out all of my decorations. Ben got home in time to help me decorate the tree (he was sooo excited...not really, but he knows I love it so he humors me anyway). He is very good at the high ornaments. Side NOTE: Prelit Christmas trees were such a great invention...cheers to whoever invented that one.
I posted some pictures of the Festivus that I have spread about the house this weekend. I still have much more decorating to go, but here is a sneak peak.
Two questions for you all and I would love a response...favorite traditional Christmas song and favorite Contemporary Christmas song?
Mine are (so hard to choose):
1. Traditional - "O Holy Night"
2. Contemporary - "I'll Be Home For Christmas"
(However..."Baby It's Cold Outside" is high on the list as well)
8 comments:
put more pictures of your decorations on here--i'd love to see them! you are so good at that. my christmas favorites are 1. "O Holy Night" like you, and 2. "The Christmas Song" only as sung by Karen Carpenter. she's the greatest!
It's a Festivus for the rest of us!! :) Love that show.
You know this. Carol of the Bells and then anything by Luther. Gotta to love a litte soul in your christmas.
I'm glad to see that you still love decorating for Christmas--I've branched out to do 2 trees this year and I feel like a crazy Christmas person, so I'm glad to know there are others out there.
1. What Child is This
2. All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey
Also, because I'm too lazy to comment on the other posts--your family is so cute. I can't believe how big all your nieces and nephews are! Also, Emma and Mar'a look like TWINS. They are so cute.
Ok, I'm done. Jenna told me that she had a great time at your house! I can't wait to see you. Call or e-mail me anytime you are in Nashville!!!
"O Holy Night" ties with "Mary, Did You Know?" As for a more contemporary choice.... does "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" count? Probably not, but I love that one. This Mississippi girl will never see a white Christmas though! :)
Ok, I just cracked up laughing at Jillina's "Souful Christmas"!! And I am going to have to think of which songs are my favorite..so many good ones, it's hard to choose. Your blog looks so good Kate..I had a lot to catch up on. Yay for the Holidays!
Kate- you are the cutest. Our computer has been in the shop the past 2 days, so I'm just now getting to check in! I love the pics from Thanksgiving and the Christmas decor! I miss you to pieces and I'm glad you're enjoying all the holiday fun, too! :) OK... my choices are 1. Silent Night and 2. Mary, Did you Know? and "All I Want For Christmas is You"- Mariah Carrey and "Love Actually" vesrions!.. oh, and "Where Are you Christmas?" OK, so I have a lot of favorties!
Hey Babe, the trees look great. And we're not a bad looking group are we? My favorite carol (after you asked I had time to think) is "Angels We Have Heard on High" and tied are "White Christmas", the Bing Crosby version (is there any other?) and "The Christmas Song" (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) by, of course, Mel Torme. Okay, so I'm old. You and Sara and Duff make Christmas for me all year long. I love you! Mom
Kate! I had lost the link to your blog, but I found it today! I had such a wonderful time looking at all of your pictures and reading what has been going on with you. Your family is so cute! That is a wonderful picture! I especially love the one with your sweet mom and all of the grandchildren! They are all so beautiful! I can't wait to see what yours will look like! I hope to see more pictures of your decorations, Mrs Martha Stewart! I love you lots!
Mitchell
Post a Comment