Okay...so as most of you know I have a small obsession with making theses diaper cakes for baby showers. They make great centerpieces and are a gift all in one. Since I started doing these (I think Jillina's was the first), I have made like 7 or 8. They are a lot of fun (at least to me they are).
So I thought I would share some of the last few that I have done. I am always looking for a new idea...and since our friends are popping out babies all of the time, I am getting lots of practice. I am still on the hunt to figure out how to do one of these in a round shape. I have some ideas and will try this out for the next one.
At a baby shower last week, I actually had two people ask me to make them one for different showers they are throwing. I told them I would just charge them for the supplies...I mean what do you charge for something like that? They are not very cheap to make...now granted I tend to go overboard with the ribbon choices and rattle choices, but still. I need to research this and find out how much you would charge for such a thing. That seems weird...any thoughts form the peanut gallery?
See below...both of these are from previous coworkers of mine, Christa, Brooke and Krista. The last one, was for another coworker who didn't know if it was a boy or a girl, so we did hers in brown and green. Her nursery was safari animals, so all of the stuffed rattles were safari animals...very cute. They are so fun to make and they make the mommies so happy! This HR stuff is for the birds...I should just open up my own shop and be crafty all of the time. Wonder if you would get tired of it though if you did it all of the time? Sorry I am so random.
Krista's baby shower for Baby Jaxon

This one was pink and brown with bunnies and bears for Christa. I don't feel like this one was my best effort. I was running late and ended up doing a lot of this driving down the road (the ribbon part at least). Don't you all feel safer knowing I am out there driving and tying bows! Scary.

Another shot of the cake for Baby Jaxon

This one was for Brooke and Baby Anna Kate (even though we didn't know it was a girl at the shower)...so we used lots of yellows...and browns...and greens. I never got a close up of this cake, so this one is kind of far away.
7 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!! Those are so cute! You need to charge for that hard work! I would call a bakery shop and pretend like you want to order something similar, and see what they charge. You are so talented! You would do great with your own shop!
Great cakes! And as receiver of these cakes I must also say great gift. I would def charge some money for these. Take your supplies and then add $25 or so? I'm not sure what the going rate is for a diaper cake. You could make some fat cash selling them on the side though I'm sure.
Hey friend--I love them! How long does it take you to do one, including shopping time?
you totally should have been an event planner. you could get a j-lo headset and everything! :)
Kate-
I still have my diaper cake. I'll have to send you a picture so you can add it to your portfolio! You are so talented! And, yes! You should charge! They are expensive on line...and yours are made with lots of love!
Kate - you are fabulous diaper cake maker. Actually, you should just become a party planner. Maybe your next career!?
Mitchell...please send a picture of your cake...I really liked that one. I lost my old camera and lost all of the pics from your shower...UGH!
Thanks...
Post a Comment