Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mops' Spring Break Visit

Mops spent the week with us last week for her Spring Break. We had such a fun time. It happened to correspond with a week that Ben was out of town, so it was an even extra bonus to have her here while he was gone. I kept trying to talk her into just staying forever, but she had to go back.  So sad!    The boys had a BLAST with her. She brought Sam the Scrabble Jr. game (they played last time we were at her house). Sam must have asked her to play a billion times. Bless her heart. She played A LOT of Scrabble Jr. I took some pictures of some of our outings/adventures. THANK YOU MOPS for a wonderful week. We miss you and love you SO MUCH!
Cuddled with Jack in the chair
Sam had to join...I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture.  Captures them completely...so happy. 
Reading books with Mops in the floor. 
Once day we went up to the outlet mall.  It was gorgeous outside and we really enjoyed just walking around.  The boys do not enjoy going in the stores, so Mops and I traded off watching/walking with boys while the other goes into the stores alone.  It was such a treat.  I got a few new things for Sam (he has worn the same clothes for the last 2 years and everything all of a sudden became midriff shirts and high-water pants).  Jack is really good for clothes this year.  It's so nice to be able to recycle Sam's stuff for him.  It's always fun opening the bin and remembering all of those little outfits that Sam used to wear. 
It was such a beautiful day that we went to the playground to let the boys run around.  They had so much fun.  Jack has never been a big fan of slides, but he sure slid down them with Mops.  So funny.
Sam's favorite activity is running circles on this little path.  He feels the need to "race" everyone, so Jack, of course, was up for the occcassion.  Jack made it around the circle, but not quite as fast as big brother.  I am a big fan of boys running their little hearts out. 
This cracked me up.  Jack's face is beet red and his hair is soaking wet.  Needless to say...he took a great nap that day.  Love this look on his face.  Wonder what he is thinking here?  Love this boy.
Everyone SLIDE!
On Mops' last night...I made filets, twice baked potatoes and asparagus.  It was quite delicious...and we really enjoyed relaxing and enjoying a yummy meal.  Love you Mops! 

1 comment:

Angela said...

Jack looks like he would dwarf Nathan! What a big boy!