We had a great Valentines Day this year. Daddy was gone, so that was sad, but we made it work. He did send some flowers so that was really sweet (he also took it upon himself to see if his parents could watch the boys one night so we could have an overnight date when he got back...LOVE HIM)! :) The boys and I had a special lunch date, we made valentines for Sam's class and teachers. It was a sweet day with my little guys.
Lunch at McAlisters - one of our favorites. I found their shirts at Janie & Jack. They were so cute! I love that place but try to stay away as much as possible. They do always have adorable holiday shirts.
Jack and 2 of his favorites - Finn McMissle and Lightning McQueen
Awww...melt my heart! Sam's class always sends home these binders where she asks a question (i.e. what would you if you were president? is one we got recently, etc? etc?) and the kids answer and draw a picture. They send it around each of the homes so we can see all the responses frm the kids. It is really cute and funny to see what they put. Well, this was the one we got on Valentine's Day...te question..."Love is..." and Sam put "My Dad". Oh my. PRECIOUS! Love his heart!
Found these on Pinterest and made some for Valentines Day. SO CUTE and SO YUMMY. Those little square pretzels, Hershey hugs...put them in the oven at 200 degrees for about 7 or 8 minutes. Just enough so the Hugs are soft and then pplace an M&M in the middle and press down. So easy and so fun.
I just bought some pastel, springy colored M&Ms and going to make some more very soon.
Sam's school is peanut free so I am always paprnoid to send something sweet in, so this year I made some of those melted crayon hearts. They were surprisingly easy. I think the hardest part was taking the paper off the crayon. just attached them to some red scrapbook paper and put them in ziplock bags. Then cut some festive paper to fold over the top of the bags, punch hole and tie ribbon. I think they turned out cute. Sam was a big helper too. He wrote all the kids names on them all by himself. So proud of him.
These were for Sam's teachers. Had these cute, pink polka dot bags. Then I found some really cute pink & heart paisley mugs (with pink silicone tops) at Hobby Lobby (I think that stuff was 30% off that day). Then I got them a Starbucks gift card and tied them all up.
Cute, easy Valentine for some really great teachers!







No comments:
Post a Comment