Thursday, March 29, 2012

Jack's "Cars2" Birthday Party!

We had Jack's birthday party yesterday. I'll give you 3 guesses as to what the theme was? Ha! As if there was any question about it. :) We had all of hs little friends come. It was so fun. It's different when the big kids are not there, but it's so fun to see this group of little ones growing up together. Here are some pictures that can better tell the story.
A Cars2 birthday party is not complete without a Lightning cake.  My fingers are still a bit numb and my back is just about broken from leaning over icing this thing.  :) 
My table exploded with Cars2! 

Cupcakes.  Bought the toppers on etsy.  I saw this cake stand on Pinterest an HAD to make one.  It is just a terra cotta pot flipped upside down and a terra cotta plate (whatever you call it) superglued on top.  I painted it to match Jack's party, but I think I can paint over for another occasion.  Love it...super cheap and super cute! 
Not sure I have a party where chocolate dipped pretzels don't make an appearance.  I love them. 

Decorated "license plates" for their cars.
Here are the cars that I made (again...thank you Pinterest for so many fun ideas). 
Sweet, precious Izzy! 
Boys are pretty simple...a table and cars and they are good to go. 
Will trying out his car
Don't think this pink car was an actual character in the movie....but this little thing (and Evelyn) needed a girly car! 
Shepherd and Mater.
Singing Happy Birthday
My big, birthday boy
Love him
Will.  Love that he wore his Mater shirt.
Will and Shepherd enjoying some cake. 
Sweet friend, Josie.
The many faces of Philip...so funny.
My favorite.
Instead of gifts, everyone brought diapers for Meals By Grace (a wonderful ministry at our church). 

1 comment:

Angie said...

So impressed with your cake! Super cute and fun party! Great non-gift idea!