Sunday, January 01, 2012

Hazlewood Thanksgiving

We had a WONDERFRUL Thanksgiving this year in Maryville with Ben's family (my mom too). Rob and Anita came down from Michigan, so we had a house full. It was so fun to get to meet our newest nephew, Drew for the first time too. He s so precious.
I didn't do a great job with pictures, but you can tell from these that we pretty much spent the entire time outside playing. SO FUN! SO THANKFUL!
This picture is one of those.. "you had to be there" kind of pics, but the story behind it is NaNa and YaYa were telling us about when all of those crazy tornados came through town that they battened down the hatches in this small coat closet, so someone suggested that they show us so we could get a good picture.  They are so funny.  Jacob was even able to squeeze in there. 
Anita's mom and dad drove up from Georgia too to have Thanksgiving with us.  They are so sweet!  They even brought gifts for Sam and Jack...SOO SWEET!  Here's Anita, her mama and Drew!
Drew sitting in the high chair that LOTS and LOTS of Hazlewoods have sat in.  So precious!
Meanwhile...all the big kids are playing outside.  This beach ball didn't last long (someone popped it), but Jack really enjoyed it for a while. 
Mops playing with the boys outside!  They could play outside forever! 
Jacob pushing Sam in the swing. 
You can't see everyone in this picture but at one point I looked up (from NaNa and YaYa's awesome backyard) and saw tons of cars, tons of people playing outside (swinging, football, baskeball, etc)...it was GREAT!  Everyone had such a great time and everyone genuinely loves each other.  Such a great family to be part of!  I think there were about 25 that day for lunch!  Love my Hazlewoods and I love that everyone is family...whether you are relaed or not...there is no stranger.  They welcome my mom and sister's family like they are just part of the crew.  I love that!   
NaNa and YaYa rocked Sam to sleep many many a day when he was a baby in this swing. 
The boys really liked playing in YaYa's new truck bed!  Who knew?
Such a SWEET picture.  Can't even stand it!  MeiMei and YaYa all snuggled up!  She is the only girl...I think she might have YaYa wrapped a little bit!  :)  Well, she's so cute that she has everyone wrapped round her finger! 
These were with my regular camera that I had set on night setting, so everything was blurry.  I am so random sometimes!  I spent most of my time in the kitchen helping NaNa get ready for the feast.  SOOO enjoy that time we get to have...we are definitely kindred spirits in the kitchen.  I have lots to learn from her though! 
This picture is of Angela (Uncle Johnnie's wife), NaNa, Angela (Anita's mom) and sweet Drew. 
Again...sorry about the blur.  Here's NaNa, Anita and Drew! 

No comments: