Friday, January 27, 2012

Bye Bye Red Paint

Ever since we moved in (3 years ago), I have wanted to paint this room. The former owners used this room as an office. We use it as a guest room and the red is just not my favorite color for a guest room, PLUS it just needed some freshening up.
I decided to finally do it although I had been putting if off for so long b/c I knew it would need a few coats to cover up that red. I primed it one night...painted the bottom half the next day while Sam was at school and Jack was napping and then finished up after they went to bed. Then finished the top the next day. It was pretty quick, actually.
I like it so much better now...so peaceful and clean looking.
This is the only BEFORE picture I have.  The primer worked really well at covering the red up.  I only had to do one coat of the green/brown. 
This was very late one night after finishing up the green.  The lighting makes this green look pretty "green-apple-ish", but really it's not.  It's a pretty calm sage-y green I think. 
Finished.  I kept the trim up around the room just to be different.  I like how the green/brown turned out.  SO much better in there now.  I've been looking at some DIY headboards on Pinterest that I want to make for the bed in there, so that should be fun.  If I ever actually get this done...I will post more pictures. 

I think I have now painted all rooms in our house (including entire basement) with the exception of the downstairs 1/2 bath and foyer (too high for me).  The downstairs bath is the same red (ALONG WITH IT'S CEILING), but we are planning on putting hardwood floors on our entire main floor this spring, so I will repaint then b/c once we do the floors, we'll rip that ugly contractor vanity out of there and replace with a pedestal sink, I think.  Exciting stuff!  I cannot WAIT to replace these floors. 

No comments: