Monday, September 15, 2008

Sam's 1st Birthday Party


We had Sam's 1st birthday party this past Saturday night at NaNa and YaYa's house. It was so nice to have it over there b/c their house has so much room and can house that many people so much easier. Thanks NaNa and YaYa for allowing us to take over your house for the evening. We had BBQ, cake, homemade ice cream, cupcakes...you name it! I think it was pretty much a success! However, Sam did SCREAM his head off the second his hand touched his cake. He hated it. He hates to get his hands dirty...CRAZY! So, there was no cake smooshing all over. Poor guy...we were all taking his picture while he kept crying and crying. Maybe someday he'll look back on it and laugh. :) Good thing I went to all that trouble ordering him his own little fancy cake! I probably should have just given him a cupcake or something...however, the cake was pretty! :)

Thanks for everyone who came and all the wonderful gifts. We have already played with so many of his new toys. He loves them!

All of Sam's sweet treats. I ordered the cakes from Sweet Celebrations in Maryville...they were DELICIOUS! I highly recommend the chocolate cake. Also, check out their lunches for you locals...amazing! I did get a little carried away with the polka dots. I assured Ben that there will NEVER be any more polka dot birthday parties for the boy. I figured...I only get one of these. The rest will most likely be sport-themed, Cars, trucks...boy stuff. So no worries...I got it out of my system!

Sam's little mini-cake (or SMASH cake as they call it)...the plate was from one of my grandmother's greatest friends in Dickson, Miss June Leathers! I figured that putting his cake on this plate was quite appropriate.

Sam and NaNa! He loves his NaNa!

Mops, Sam, Emma and Sara...swinging on the back porch! So sweet!


The big birthday cake. It didn't turn out exactly as I had DRAWN for the cake people, but it was okay. I didn't ask for this weird fondant piece hanging over the side...but it was still cute...and OH SO YUMMY!



Friends...the Sitzlars, Webbs and Olivers playing outside.



Sam and Mops swinging


Opening presents with daddy...this was the Cubbies shirt from Rob and Anita...daddy and Uncle Rob's favorite baseball team! Go Cubbies!


Sam's very sad face once he touched the cake...not a happy camper! Maybe all of the people gathered around him didn't help out too much either!

In other exciting news...I don't want to jinx it yet, but we think we have agreed on a contract on a house down here! YEAH! We love this house but have tried not to get too emotionally attached in case something happened. It has everything both Ben and I wanted...finished basement (aka MAN CAVE for Ben...and playroom for Sam)...open floor plan...big kitchen for me...4 bdrms...3.5 bath...fireplace (I have been missing having one in this last house)...3000 sqft (much bigger from our current 1700...how will I ever clean it - yikes)...nice neighborhood! We love it...we are planning to close on October 14th assuming all inspections check out okay! There may be some empty rooms since this one is bigger than our current house, but that is okay! So anytime you all come down to the ATL...give us a call and you are welcome to stay! :) I will try to be patient in the meantime considering I am itching to get into our new house ASAP!

2 comments:

Jillina said...

What a wonderfully perfect 1st birthday party! I am SO sad that we had to miss this as well!! Glad everything went smooth, can you believe you just had his 1st birthday party??

chris anne said...

what a fun party. poor little sam. campbell didn't care too much for his first cake either. i had to cut it up in pieces for him to even touch it. so excited about the house. can't wait to see pictures. hope it all works out smoothly!