Thursday, September 11, 2008

My FIRST Haircut

Well...Sam's hair has officially reached MULLET-hang-over-the-ears level and we can't take it any longer. I refuse to be one of those mom's that won't get their haircut b/c I can't stand him not being a baby anymore. Fact of the matter is...I don't want him to grow up AT ALL, but I also can't have him sporting the mullet either! So I had to give in and go get it cut! We went to this really cute little kids hair cut place here in town and they did a great job. Sam sat in my lap while the guy cut his hair. Sam wasn't too excited about this process, but did okay. Mommy has plenty of snacks to keep him busy.
Once he got done, he looked SOOOOO different. Kind of sad that our little boy is growing up, but so happy that he doesn't look like a rag-a-muffin any longer! He looks so nice and clean cut now! We survived and the mullet hair is NO LONGER! YEAH! :)

Getting ready for our big haircut...he is smiling here...moments after...not so much smiling!

They gave us this cute little certificate with his first hair clippings. I think it is a bit creepy to save the hair, but I know I'll be glad to have this in the future for his baby book. They wrote the wrong date, but I don't care and can fix that later! :)

The finished product...Sam-"I actually have ears that aren't covered by my hair"-Hazlewood

3 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, he looks so sweet!

chris anne said...

oh my goodness, he looks grown! way to be brave, kate. i admit that the haircut was hard for me too. and it still is sometimes, but i'm always glad when he looks nice and clean cut.

Becky said...

OH my goodness!!! He looks SO old!!! Grace's hair is out of control, but since she's a girl I'm not quite sure what to do with it besides put it back with bows! We might need to go get a trim soon!! :) Sam is such a sweetie!